Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So yes....Luck is throwing a football, but...
He's not throwing an official NFL sized football.  :/  He's throwing a high school football. 

And he mentions in an interview the other day that doing so has been a 'mental block'. 

Hmmmm. If I'm the Colts, how is this not privately very concerning?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andre...-football/

I read this. Seems really strange. Guy has played football all his life and NOW he has mental block with the size of a regulation football? What the heck is that all about? Glad I'm not a colts fan. That is not uplifting news at all.

Wow. How long has it been? We're a few weeks away from training camp and he's STILL not throwing a real football? Says he'll be ready week 1, but I'm beginning to wonder if he'll ever be the same. 

Nope not buying mental block. Smaller lighter ball and not over 20 yards. It's a warm-up. I'll go more with getting the arm right over the head. I wonder why he'd even say it. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Nope not buying mental block. Smaller lighter ball and not over 20 yards. It's a warm-up. I'll go more with getting the arm right over the head. I wonder why he'd even say it. 
my thoughts as well.  they arent convinced that he is good to go so they want to ease him back into it and monitor the swelling and such.  good thing the OTAs were closed to the public or people would have really freaked when he started with a mini football and worked his way up to a nerf.

Does anyone remember how mad many here were when the Vikings didn't Suck for Luck. Careful what you wish for.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Does anyone remember how mad many here were when the Vikings didn't Suck for Luck. Careful what you wish for.
yeah but the colts OLine sucks..... oh..... nevermind.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@FSUVike said:
yeah but the colts OLine sucks..... oh..... nevermind.
That's always the Viking way. Even when we suck by team historical levels. Someone always sucks worse.

Quote: @FSUVike said:

That was before the migration here from Purple Thoughts...  so don't go calling ALL of us out.  I can't even remember where I stood on that... might have been when I was still a "lurker"...  :-D

Footballs come in several sizes to accommodate athletes of different ages. Younger athletes use smaller balls, and football sizes gradually increase as athletes advance to higher levels
"We have different football sizes because it would be very difficult for a 9- or 10-year-old kid to throw an NFL ball," explains Kevin Krysiak, Director of Global Innovation Team Sports at Wilson, the primary supplier of footballs to the NFL and NCAA. "The different sizes were created to be appropriate for athletes at each level."
The governing bodies at each level determine the football's dimensions, and manufacturers like Wilson must adhere to their guidelines. Although players may use different-sized balls throughout their career, that doesn't necessarily mean they're using different balls. Krysiak says that Wilson prides itself in offering a consistent experience throughout its product line.
Below are the dimensions of footballs from the NFL to Junior level.
http://www.stack.com/a/football-sizes

NFL
  • Length: 11 inches
  • Width: 7 inches
  • Diameter: 21 inches
Collegiate/High School
  • Width: 7 inches
  • Diameter: 21 inches
[*]Youth (12-14 years old)
  • Width: 6.5 inches