Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treadwell on Kyle Sloter: 'He's gotten so much better since last year'
https://www.twincities.com/2018/06/06/vi...idgewater/

Mentions that he's learning a bunch from Cousins and Siemian. Said he's noticeably more confident and has seen big improvement. 

If Sloter can be the #2 in 2019, that would be fantastic. He'd be on track for possible heir apparent. Long way to go yet, but being the #2 would be the next big step and would love to have a strapping, big strong armed dude backing up Cousins. Just turned 24 in February.

its players like this that make we wish camp were still in mankato.  I really enjoyed watching the younger guys that are really growing as players.  you can almost see growth from one day to the next as they find out how to play the pro game.

Interesting how much Sloter talks to Case, Teddy and Sam. Sounds like he is pretty close to Teddy.
What's done is done, but I'm always going to have that "what could have been" wistful feeling about Teddy. I really love that guy. I hope he makes the Jets wish they hadn't drafted Sam Darnold. I understand why the Vikings felt they had to let go, but I really hate it, too.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Interesting how much Sloter talks to Case, Teddy and Sam. Sounds like he is pretty close to Teddy.
What's done is done, but I'm always going to have that "what could have been" wistful feeling about Teddy. I really love that guy. I hope he makes the Jets wish they hadn't drafted Sam Darnold. I understand why the Vikings felt they had to let go, but I really hate it, too.
Same. Happy as a clam with Kirk Cousins and I really think we made the best decision, considering all the factors involved. But I'll root for Teddy no matter where he goes. Be funny if Case, Teddy, Sam and Kirk all have great seasons. 

It’s just too bad nobody has said that about Treadwell.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
What's done is done, but I'm always going to have that "what could have been" wistful feeling about Teddy. 
I was at Teddy's first start vs. Atlanta.  Unforgettable.  From the 558 (!) yards of Viking offense to the "Teddy" chants starting up spontaneously after the game in the crowd waiting for the light rail.  We thought we'd found the one.   Now he's basically auditioning to be either a cannon fodder starter until the Jets are out of it, or someone's August pickup.

Would be nice to see Sloter turn into something too.

And my inner geek had to point out a slight factual goof in the article.  It said the signing of Cousins "resulted in" Keenum going to Denver and Bradford to AZ.  Keenum and Bradford both signed with their new teams before Cousins signed with the Vikings... which is why this board for 3-4 days back in March was :#  until Kirk's deal was officially done. 

Quote: @RS Express said:
@prairieghost said:
What's done is done, but I'm always going to have that "what could have been" wistful feeling about Teddy. 
And my inner geek had to point out a slight factual goof in the article.  It said the signing of Cousins "resulted in" Keenum going to Denver and Bradford to AZ.  Keenum and Bradford both signed with their new teams before Cousins signed with the Vikings... which is why this board for 3-4 days back in March was :#  until Kirk's deal was officially done. 

HaHa...Good point. Longest dang week in recent memory. I was like, we really couldn't end up with nothing...could we? We Viking fans are a snake bitten bunch. That was a bold move by Rich to let all 3 hit free agency without any guarantee of any upgrade. He pulled it off. That's either going to be his greatest move or his nail. Depending on how this guaranteed contract plays out. 
For the record since I wasn't on record here. I was all for bringing back Case. That was a fun season and he's such a fun guy. I'm going to miss his energy and personality. Kirk has better stats. Just seems boring. Winning is what really matters though.

I would be very surprised if Sloter made it to #2 on depth chart this season

Last year was a fun ride. Case will always be known here for 13/3 and the Mpls Miracle. Crazy that a franchise as ruderless  as the Vikings have been @ QB just let 3 hit the street. 

Maybe they really didnt have any? It was just an illusion and legitimizing the old cliche of "when you have more than one qb"

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Agreed. I said 2019, just to be clear. Siemian is on a one year contract so he'll be gone next season more than likely looking for another shot to possibly start somewhere. I'm sure that the Vikings would be ecstatic to have Sloter earn the #2 spot on his own for the '19 season. The team likes Sloter very much, he's more than fodder. Whether he realizes his potential or not remains to be seen but he'll get his chance. Tony Romo sat for 2 1/2 years in Dallas as he learned (not comparing the two, just saying).

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Last year was a fun ride. Case will always be known here for 13/3 and the Mpls Miracle. Crazy that a franchise as ruderless  as the Vikings have been @ QB just let 3 hit the street. 

Maybe they really didnt have any? It was just an illusion and legitimizing the old cliche of "when you have more than one qb"
We had 3 but not one total package. Sam the arm but a bad leg. Case had the legs but nowhere near the arm. Teddy had just to many unknowns but does have heart. So you're correct if you have 3 you maybe don't have any. 
We got ONE now who has no injury history and 3 good seasons to his record. We're in rare Viking territory if he continues this trend. Talking about Sloter is fodder to me. Maybe he's #2 someday. Maybe not.