Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is almost blasphemous to ask........BUT
What would Zimmer (or future Vikings coach) have to do to eclipse Grant (God, I hate to ask this) as the greatest coach in our franchise history?

4 Super Bowl Appearances?

1, 2, 3 or more SB victories?

Nothing....what the Hell are you thinking Vanguard?

I love what Grant did and lament what he couldn't do.

1 SB win for this long-time fan. 

Omg! That is an unbelievable ask but a Super Bowl victory would definitely cement Zimmer's legacy. But Coach Grant is a legend regardless. I would add an option to your list, I would add the what the hell are you drinking option.

Thanks for not initially raking me over the coals...yeah 45 year plus for me too...

I really can't even decide, which is why I'm asking.

also curious if our younger fans who didn't live through the Grant years have a different perspective.

If Zimmer wins this franchise our first Super Bowl he will vault to the top of the list.  He would have accomplished what no one else could do...  including Grant.

Just my opinion.

I'm just getting older, close to retiring. And melancholy...

if I were to die tomorrow, there is only ONE THING I'd regret...yup...never seeing my beloved Vikings raise the Lombardi trophy. Yeah, nothing I can control, but would just like 
my almost five decades of devotion reciprocated. 

I remember so fondly those days of him on the sidelines..
Such admiration for him, and those teams of the '70s.

my dad coached, and saw his capacity as a role model for young men.  Never heard him utter a foul word in my life, nor belittle a player....Always the teacher, put his arm around kids and asked them to self-assess....good or bad...

He respected Grant every bit as much as I do.

grant is the greatest coach until someone wins multiple super bowls or wins one and appears in another. Zimmer still has to pass Denny first.  Grant had rare leadership qualities and unquestionable accomplishments

Why can't we have 2 greats? Other teams do. If I had to give an answer it would be at least two trips and at least one win. Still wouldn't erase what Bud accomplished.
I think it's harder to get your team back after losing. How many teams have been destroyed after losing one?  Makes what Marv Levy did even more incredible.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I love what Grant did and lament what he couldn't do.

1 SB win for this long-time fan. 
This

Longevity
Keep a solid foundation to be competitive year after year.
Win the big one or appear in several.
sweep the Packers yearly!