Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Robison back, what will the Vikings’ D-line rotation look like?
On Monday, Brian Robison announced on his social media pages that he will be coming back for a 12th season.
Robison was once considered an undersized defensive end, but he spent six seasons as a full-time starter. He could still have a significant role on the 2018 club, though there is also a chance other players will see playing time. Let’s have a look at how the D-end rotation could work outside of starters Everson Griffen and Danielle Hunter….

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...look-like/

It should be the same three guys as last season with Robison back in the fold.  Who knows what we can get from Weatherly, Bower, Odenigbo, or Aruna this season...  they all have upside with their length and athletic traits, but let's face the facts, they are all late round picks or UDFAs who have proven nothing to this point.  Ideally, at least one of them emerges and becomes part of the rotation.
I would say Weatherly has the most to prove...  he's been around the longest (entering his 3rd season) and if he can't earn some snaps, he might lose his roster spot to one of the young guys.

The team's pass rush went Bub-bye when Griffen had his foot injury. I'm hopeful that Richardson's impact will allow the DE's to face more one on one's. There's a lot of young unproven guys with upside waiting in the wings, but who knows if anything will come of it? Its a good thing that Robison is staying another year for sure.

I would like to see Brob get more snaps off the edge or 3 tech.   he gets good pressure or creates double teams with his stand up A gap snaps, but i feel he is misused a little. Z prolly does that cause Hunter and Griff cant do that