Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports: May NFL Power Rankings
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-p...and-draft/

The NFC is so loaded....7 of the top 10 teams on this list. Man, I hope Cousins can give the team a consistent and productive presence at QB. Need that offensive line to be healthy and cohesive. Looking forward to seeing Richardson's impact on the defense. 2+ months to training camp in July....be here before you know it, really. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-p...and-draft/

The NFC is so loaded....7 of the top 10 teams on this list. Man, I hope Cousins can give the team a consistent and productive presence at QB. Need that offensive line to be healthy and cohesive. Looking forward to seeing Richardson's impact on the defense. 2+ months to training camp in July....be here before you know it, really. 
And the three teams in the AFC are overrated here in my opinion. Sure, the Patriots with Brady and Beli can't be discounted, and yes they've been able to work miracles with "league average" depth charts, but my goodness, looking at them reminds me of the Sesame Street song, "one of these teams is not like the others." That OL is bottom half. This is the year they fall. 

Jags' defense might even be better than ours. But Jesus, Blake Bortles? "If" he plays like he played in the playoffs. Sure, but this might be the most inconsistent QB in the NFL. Threw 5 picks his last two games of the regular season. Steelers will probably be a playoff team, but they don't belong that high either. I'd actually put the Saints, Rams and Falcons higher than those three AFC teams.

That would mean that the top 7 teams are from the NFC. Except that I think the Packers are too high. Everyone says hey they improved that secondary in the draft. But those are rookies. In 2018 they'll be targeted a lot. The linebackers are soft and they have no real pass rush. At least not compared with the other teams in the top 10. The OL is very good, but their backs don't scare anyone. Jimmy Graham is a nice addition, but their wides without Nelson are mediocre...and thin. 

How are the Jags ranked in front of Minnesota?

Did the folks at CBS forget how their HC didn't trust Bortles enough to throw the ball once they fell behind? It was like watching an SEC team saying we got here by running the ball and playing killer defense and by God that's how we're going out. An utter and complete lack of trust in your QB.

I am so sick of the Packers being picked to win every year.  Yeah, I get the whole "Erin is god" thing... but every year they're wrong.  Talk about one of these teams not belonging: Out of the top 10 "ranked" teams for next season, only one had a below .500 record last year.  The media's love for that puke-inducing team is nauseating.

surprised that Green Bay was not ranked #1. lots of time before the reality of the season hits said media.

People forget GB is not that far removed from CG and they were 4/1 or 5/1 coming into USB last year? That said, I would place them behind the Rams and probably Falcons too. 

Jaguars that high I dont buy either..

Power ranking are meaningless anyway.  College football has some meaning in their rankings, but in the NFL this  has nothing to do with the post season.  I could give a crap where the Vikes, Packers, or the Eagles are on this list.  B)

I dunno...CBS Sports seems to really be on top of things...

[Image: g2oo4k81uqjs.jpeg]