Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer tells why he brought in talented, troubled cornerback Hill
Mike Zimmer on talented and troubled CB Holton Hill: 'What he does with his opportunity is up to him'Many draft analysts felt former Texas cornerback Holton Hill was at least a late-round pick, even though he was suspended for the final month of the season and reportedly failed a drug test.Many draft analysts felt former Texas cornerback Holton Hill was at least a late-round pick, even though the 6-foot-2 talent was suspended for his final month with the Longhorns and reportedly failed a drug test at the combine in February.

The Vikings didn’t feel Hill was worth a draft pick, but pursued and signed him in undrafted free agency on Monday. After Hill’s first walkthrough with the Vikings, head coach Mike Zimmer defended the decision to bring him onto the roster.
“We spent a lot of time with him,” Zimmer said. “He was here on a top 30 [pre-draft visit]. We met him in Indianapolis [at the combine]. He’s a good football player: big fast, tough, good tackler. So we’ve had a lot of conversations with him. I’m excited. He’s got a chance. If he comes in here and does what we ask him to do, he’s got a chance.”
Hill (6-2, 196 pounds) started to hit a stride as a junior last fall. He had two interceptions (both returned for touchdowns) to go along with six pass deflections and 51 tackles in nine games for the Longhorns.

http://www.startribune.com/mike-zimmer-o...481765851/

Basically, Zimmer is telling him it's time to grow up and be responsible.  Put all the stupid stuff behind you and act like an accountable adult.  Then good things can happen for him.

Basically Coach Zimmer is telling him that he has a chance to redeem himself and don't fuck it up.

Yep, this is what i was told about him. May not be able to stay off the weed. We'll see. I hope it works out and he straightens up.  If so, he could be a steal for us.

Good luck kid---ya got yer shot now it's up to you if ya want to stick around.

If he wants to see whst the pot smoking road looks like in the NFL he can look at Randy Gregory and Josh Gordon. 

The better result would be for the NFL to stop testing for pot. It is not a PED. 

He's in the best situation possible for him to succeed. If he works hard and stays clean, then he has the natural talent and access to coaching to be a very good player. Would be huge for the Vikings if he pans out, especially with both Waynes and Alexander being FAs after 2019 and this being Newman's final year.

The explanation is in the subject line: talent.  What the Vikings are hoping is for Hill to become at CB what La'el Collins has been for the Cowboys at OT.  

I just don't get these guys, if you spend the next 10 or so years being the best person and player you can be you will never have to work another day in your life and you can smoke the next 50 years of your life away.

Buck up man!  =Commit to the craft and the talent god gave you can be Spicoli when you are 40.....

Quote: @NodakViking said:
I just don't get these guys, if you spend the next 10 or so years being the best person and player you can be you will never have to work another day in your life and you can smoke the next 50 years of your life away.

Buck up man!  =Commit to the craft and the talent god gave you can be Spicoli when you are 40.....
With youth comes wisdom...NOT