Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After complaints, Vikings to shut off bright lights on north side of new Eagan facility
In response to complaints from nearby residents, the Minnesota Vikings said Thursday that the lights on the north side of their new Eagan headquarters will be shut off from 11 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The only exception will be a shutoff around midnight when the team hosts night events, such as its “Minnesota Friday Night Lights” high school football games, said Jeff Anderson, team spokesman.
“We’re listening to the community,” he said.
In March, the team moved into its sparkling new building in Eagan, just south of Interstate 494 and east of Dodd Road. Early last month, the team took heat from Mendota Heights residents on the other side of I-494 after the north side of the building, which stands nearly 100-feet-tall, lit up with the Norseman logo and the words “Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center / Home of the Minnesota Vikings.”
The team expects the change to occur this weekend. The other three sides of the building will remain lit every night, Anderson said.
https://www.twincities.com/2018/05/03/af...-facility/

"In response to complaints from nearby residents, the Minnesota Vikings said Thursday that the lights on the north side of their new Eagan headquarters will be shut off from 11 p.m. to 6:00 a.m."
There...fixed it for ya.  You're welcome! Wink

Problem solved, way to be good neighbors.

Some will still bitch about it being too late.  

[Image: dok16h77leis.jpeg]

Quote: @"NodakViking" said:
Some will still bitch about it being too late.  
You can't please everyone but it's still the right thing to do.

I can't believe how much of a story this was... 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
I can. Remember the people bitching and moaning about the birds at US Bank Stadium? I don't recall witnessing an abundance of birds plummeting to their deaths during game days though but it was still brought up. There is always something made out of nothing, that's the way it works. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
I can. Remember the people bitching and moaning about the birds at US Bank Stadium? I don't recall witnessing an abundance of birds plummeting to their deaths during game days though but it was still brought up. There is always something made out of nothing, that's the way it works. 
there are people watching and keeping count on the dead birds,  logging their findings... i am sure this will come up again once their numbers get big enough to really give KMSP a good shocker tagline for a story.