Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who wants to go shopping?
Which of these guys would fill a need for the Vikes this year on a cheap 1 year prove it type contract?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/top...9I#image=3

Ayers maybe?

what about Bowman as a LB in the base D,  can he still play standing up?

Vaccarro?

Maybe Brandon Marshall opposite of Diggs and Theilen?
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

Vaccaro  young safety  would intrigue me 

what about a Guard. they may feel Bergers replacement is on the roster but if Rick did misplay the draft he may look for a FA. 
Luke Joekel?  A bust so far but.....

I expect they wait until at least mid June for the next wave of cuts.

I would look at Johnathan Hankins DT to back up Joseph.  He is only 26 years old.

Jay Bromley (26) is another interesting young DT (similar to Stephen).

Dez Bryant (29) would be fantastic. He is still pretty good and can make contested catches.

Marcedes Lewis (33) is older but could be someone they bring in if there is any injury (knock on wood).

All of these players are street free agents and would not affect the compensatory pick calculations.

Eric Reid (26) or Tre Boston (25) would be interesting young safeties but they are UFA.

If they signed Reid (they wont) then he could take over for Sendejo who turns 31 in Sept.

Austin Howard OT (31) could be an option at tackle.

what a dumbass... I forgot to include the link to the shopping cart. 

heres the story that I was referencing yesterday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/top...9I#image=3

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
I would look at Johnathan Hankins DT to back up Joseph.  He is only 26 years old.

Jay Bromley (26) is another interesting young DT (similar to Stephen).

Dez Bryant (29) would be fantastic. He is still pretty good and can make contested catches.

Marcedes Lewis (33) is older but could be someone they bring in if there is any injury (knock on wood).

All of these players are street free agents and would not affect the compensatory pick calculations.

Eric Reid (26) or Tre Boston (25) would be interesting young safeties but they are UFA.

If they signed Reid (they wont) then he could take over for Sendejo who turns 31 in Sept.

Austin Howard OT (31) could be an option at tackle.
no thanks on Reid,  now that he has joined the kapernick law suit I would want nothing to do with him and the media circus that is sure to follow.   I think that we are likely set at DT so I wouldnt see them bringing in a rental player on another 1 year deal there,  they need to have some youth that can develop behind the big goon and SR.

Heres another list... anybody want to start selling next years draft currency?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/15-...9I#image=1

The only 1 that interested me was possibly Mewhort,  but not until we kick the tires thoroughly through OTAs and minicamp on our own guys and if they decide the need is there.

Quote: @BrickVike said:
what about a Guard. they may feel Bergers replacement is on the roster but if Rick did misplay the draft he may look for a FA. 
Quote: @BrickVike said:
 yea I think two things:

1 - we are trying to renegotiate/extend a couple players with the money we have remaining and not sure how much we will have remaining if we get a couple of those done.

2 - we have a ton of competition for that Guard spot but if no one stands out I think that would be a late cut priority with some quality usually at Guard and rarely at Tackle 

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
Vaccaro  young safety  would intrigue me 
this is the one that intrigues me... well any decent S would intrigue me at this point,  not that I am down on Dejo,  but his contract # is 3.5 for this year and 5.5 for next year,  with no dead money if we were to cut him now.  how much could be get a similar player for in FA or even a mid round pick for next year and beyond?  they are expecting other vets to take a hair cut that are nearing the end of their deals,  why not Dejo?