Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Rick... you just HAD to have a 4th 6th rounder?
I swear some of the trades he pulls are because he just got bored (need that headbang thingy again)

Now, if he packages one or more of those 6ths with the 5th to move up for somebody, I'll be more understanding .  Right now it looks like Spielman ending the night with some drafturbation.

Agreed. But I do expect him to make more trades.

Late in the third there were 3 guys I really wanted. Not huge needs, but too good to pass on. First, Mo Hurst - but I understand he may be off their board; second, Ronnie Harrison- he should have gone 40 to 50 picks sooner; and third, Tarvarius Moore- probably a better fit for us than Harrison. And if Hurst is not an option, I would have used a 6th or 7th to get ahead of Jax. That's a team that may always take a defensive player regardless of need. To me this was the biggest lost opportunity of the draft for us so far.

At some point passing on Hurst is like passing on La'el Collins. You cannot let him go undrafted. Unless this heart condition is new, different, or suddenly more severe than what he had throughout his playing days in college.

Rick was in a tough spot but did what he had to do to avoid 666.

Rappaport said that 15 teams had Hurst taken completely off their draft boards. Does anyone know if we are one of them? Big time talent and Guru said his father played for 6 years in the league with the same condition...

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
I swear some of the trades he pulls are because he just got bored (need that headbang thingy again)

Now, if he packages one or more of those 6ths with the 5th to move up for somebody, I'll be more understanding .  Right now it looks like Spielman ending the night with some drafturbation.
He will most likely get 1 of the 2 players they were going to pick at 94 with the 102 pick.

Why not take the extra pick!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: @"holmanjp" said:
@"RS Express" said:

He will most likely get 1 of the 2 players they were going to pick at 94 with the 102 pick.

Why not take the extra pick!!!!!!!!!!!
Because some people just like to complain about something...  I don't love our draft to this point, but I can see why they did what they did.

[Image: rl1withxxjbe.jpeg]

It's well known Spielman values those late round picks. I don't always agree with his philosophy on some things but with this particular trade down I don't have a problem with it.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
It's well known Spielman values those late round picks. I don't always agree with his philosophy on some things but with this particular trade down I don't have a problem with it.
I don't see the problem with it either.  I hope he would package a couple of those later round picks for a mid rounder next year though.   I get tired of learning 10 guys names each year and then the only time I ever read half of them again it in the news is when they are cut in camp.

Something to watch here....Vikings have four 6th round picks