Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well Connected Source Says The Browns Aren't That Stupid
The MMQB's Peter King spoke to "someone I trust, who is very often right and is very well-connected" who stated Wyoming QB Josh Allen will not be the pick at No. 1.
As King notes, we are all prisoners to connections and buzz when it comes to mock drafting. King previously mentioned an Allen to Cleveland connection, as did Daniel Jeremiah and others. Also in that time frame, Jeremiah wrote in marker that Darnold would be the No. 1 pick, as did Bucky Brooks and Joel Klatt. It is the Monday of draft week, and we might not know who will be the first selection until Thursday evening.
Source: SI.com

Then again...

Dan Patrick passes along word from one NFL scout saying the Browns are deciding between Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield and Wyoming QB Josh Allen at the top of the draft.
This is noteworthy since Sam Darnold's name is not even mentioned. Scot McCloughan has been involved in the Browns draft process, and during his media stint stated Mayfield was his top ranked quarterback in this class. Allen's name has been gaining traction at No. 1 overall, although Peter King cited a different source stating Allen would not be the pick for the Browns at No. 1. Buckle up.

While history has proven that the Browns can be exceedingly stupid, I agree that they probably aren't stupid enough to pick Allen number one.  But, you never know.....

Well...I'll give them one thing, they're keeping everyone guessing. 

[Image: vb247xemx8gh.jpeg]

I am not sure why they are wanting to stay at one and take a QB in this draft class... no consensus top 5 draft pick at 
QB, let alone #1,  drop down a couple spots and add some more draft picks and then take who ever is left of the guys you have at the top of the list of average prospects.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I am not sure why they are wanting to stay at one and take a QB in this draft class... no consensus top 5 draft pick at 
QB, let alone #1,  drop down a couple spots and add some more draft picks and then take who ever is left of the guys you have at the top of the list of average prospects.

I don't think they want to, but whose trading up to pick from these QBs?

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@JimmyinSD said:

I don't think they want to, but whose trading up to pick from these QBs?
They may not get the value they want,  but somebody will pay to move ahead. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Even though there's no consensus among fans, the Browns would have to be completely inept to not have an internal front runner at this point. Trading back and taking the leftovers of the top 4 QBs would show a lack of confidence and an inability to properly scout in my opinion.

If it were the Vikings I'd hope we didn't mess around. Make the pick, get the guy you want, be confident. But it's the Browns so I'm sure whatever they do will be a disaster.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Even though there's no consensus among fans, the Browns would have to be completely inept to not have an internal front runner at this point. Trading back and taking the leftovers of the top 4 QBs would show a lack of confidence and an inability to properly scout in my opinion.

If it were the Vikings I'd hope we didn't mess around. Make the pick, get the guy you want, be confident. But it's the Browns so I'm sure whatever they do will be a disaster.
They still shouldn't reach.  If they need to take a QB but there isn't value with that pick then try and trade down as somebody else's board might show differently and you can gain value.  Or they need to skip QB with those top spots and grab a stop gap guy later in the draft.  Its such a  crap shoot and this year's crop seems to be even less promising than most at QB.