Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Forte release failed physical

hope he's ok.  He was a damn good RB.

Matt Forte was a hard runner.  The Bears and Jets put a heavy load on him and rode him hard.

Im captivated by this in a way. Its a real time enactment of old school ball, in an age where hitting 30, losing it, and walking away healthy is hitting its prime.

Less and less players go until the wheels fall off. Their vehicles get damaged and eventually garaged in the offseasons. Not many high profile guys put themselves in a position to fail a physical; they walk away or watch the league pass by with age.

Incredible to think about. 

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
Im captivated by this in a way. Its a real time enactment of old school ball, in an age where hitting 30, losing it, and walking away healthy is hitting its prime.

Less and less players go until the wheels fall off. Their vehicles get damaged and eventually garaged in the offseasons. Not many high profile guys put themselves in a position to fail a physical; they walk away or watch the league pass by with age.

Incredible to think about. 
Excellent observation, Magic.  Despite his flaws and weaknesses as a man, AD was that for me...hard running back more suited to the 60's and 70's than today. 
RB's today are like Swiss army knives..."in space" scat-backs that can play the slot or even line up wide when needed.  It's  not a bad thing, just that the position needs are adapting to the passing game.
OK, OK...I know...get off my lawn!

[Image: gom.jpg]

I was a huge AP fan, I am disappointed he never 'matured' as a player and maybe as a person(can't really say that because I don't know him as a man, but....)

I heard he and Devin Hester are signing 1 day contracts with Da Bears so they can retire as a Bear