Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condon May Ask For More Than $20 Million Per Year
Condon May Ask For More Than $20 Million Per Year [Click to view]

On Friday, Vikings beat reporter Ben Goessling of ESPN surmised that Sam Bradford’s agent, flush with the news of Derek Carr’s mega-extension, has seen the writing on the wall regarding quarterback contracts in the NFL:.........

[Click to view]

Go big or go home. I guess we'll see what happens.

With today's QB salaries I'm not surprised by this at all.

[Image: y2a3i92igpc8.png]
Still a lot of ..  B)

He can ask for whatever he wants but I see the franchise tag in Bradfords future.

...too high!  Contains Profanity Warning

I'm all for using time to our advantage.  Let the season play out.  Then make the decision.  If the decision is that we have to sign Bradford to a huge deal because he does really well for us = win!  If the decision is Teddy is 100% healthy and plays some becuase Sam gets dinged = win!  If the decision is neither Sam or Teddy look like the answer then we can move on from one or both and move forward for a franchise = win!  The only real lose situation IMO is that we try and resign Sam to a huge deal well into the 20 million range and he flops.  So we would be trying to save money now hoping he is the answer moving forward?  I say don't do that let's use time (and maybe time healing all wounds/Teddy) on our side for once.

We have been making desperate and costly QB moves for so long that I think a cool hand will pay off in the long run.  

I'll say it again. Bradford is playing for the franchise tag in 2018. 

Quote: @"NFL Draft Guru" said:

I said the same thing. He wont be signed long term any time soon

Quote: @"NFL Draft Guru" said:
Most likely... And the franchise tag will be in excess of $20 million...watching what's happening in Washington, might not be a bad idea to wrap him up long term if he plays as well as I think he can with an actual OL and running game...