Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle Gil Has Been Spiking His Ensure
Mike McGlinchey - T - PlayerGil Brandt expects Notre Dame OT Mike McGlinchey to be selected in the first 10 picks of the NFL Draft.
OG Quenton Nelson, a teammate at Notre Dame, is widely expected to be the first lineman off the board, but Brandt thinks McGlinchey will quickly follow. Especially with the number of quarterbacks expected to be selected, it is difficult to find a landing spot for McGlinchey in the first 10 picks, but Green Bay could make some sense at No. 14 overall.Source: MMQB

Let me call you an Uber, you're drunk uncle Gil...

Well, I typically give Gil a little more credit than most, but McGlinchey does not belong in the top 10. He's a reaching, waste bending, RTO (right tackle only).

God, I miss Bob McGinn...

I could actually see it. I have him graded as a better prospect than Conklin was in 2016 and he went #8 overall to Tennessee. Leading up to that draft nobody really agreed with me that he would go any higher than #15 and there he went. Team needs might have McGlinchey drop out of the top 10 but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he were gone by 15. 

I can see him mid to late teens to mid 20s..

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I could actually see it. I have him graded as a better prospect than Conklin was in 2016 and he went #8 overall to Tennessee. Leading up to that draft nobody really agreed with me that he would go any higher than #15 and there he went. Team needs might have McGlinchey drop out of the top 10 but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he were gone by 15. 
Conklin is a good comparison because I don't think either one of them can play on the left. 

Gil has been fighting (and by fighting, I mean doing windmills with both hands at the curtains in his bedroom) dementia for about 6 years.

I dunno... I can see it.  It's the kind of position that teams will over-draft (take higher than their talent deserves).
Then again, I've had a few concussions... so maybe Gil and I are on the same brain-wave...

Strage thing is  I think Gil belongs in the hall as a contributor

The dude is huge with long enough arms and has played right and left tackle.

He somehow managed to make All American which apparently means nothing.

Never quite understood why that is disregarded as if it is some popularity contest.

Now they all don't turn into great NFL players for sure.

But when you look at the tackles in the league and even on the Vikings, he would be an upgrade for many teams on paper.

Once you get past him, Williams, Miller, and maybe Brown it is slim pickings.