Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Rounder I Could Live With

Replace the Hubbard pick with a CB and that would be a really good draft.

Love that draft. If we draft something other than OL with that first pick, I hope it's a DE. And Hubbard is a helluva player. And getting Crosby and Ragnow in back to back picks would be pretty sweet. 

They try to make Hubbard sound good and it still comes off as drafting Scott Crighton again, only in the first round this time.

Quote: @dadevike said:
Replace the Hubbard pick with a CB and that would be a really good draft.
Why? A CB in the first wouldn't play meaningful snaps until 2019, probably more like 2020. While a DL could work his way into a rotation that just lost a couple rotational players. 

To me, this pick should go to the OL that just lost one starter, and has two other starters returning from injury. 

Would love to see Callaway here...Gotta draft a tail-back, seems late for one. Not sure how deep this rb class is or not. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Would love to see Callaway here...Gotta draft a tail-back, seems late for one. Not sure how deep this rb class is or not. 
I'm not sure how deep it is down the draft, but it's really thick in rounds 2 thru 4. I'm hoping we get our back somewhere in there. Penny and Hines are two that I think would fit nicely. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I don't think Callaway will even be on our draft board.  Spielman had said in the past that they've passed on some talented football players due to character concerns. This guy has turd written all over him.

Sam Hubbard, a DE? Hmmm, but if the Vikings can sign Hunter to a 4 year extension, we have our starting DEs under contract through 2021.
Most of the mocks I'm seeing include either a DE to replace Hunter, CB to replace Waynes, or LB to replace Barr. Has it become a widespread assumption the Vikings have totally mismanaged their salary cap plan and have to spend draft capital to plan for a mass exodus of talent after the 2018 season?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Sam Hubbard, a DE? Hmmm, but if the Vikings can sign Hunter to a 4 year extension, we have our starting DEs under contract through 2021.
Most of the mocks I'm seeing include either a DE to replace Hunter, CB to replace Waynes, or LB to replace Barr. Has it become a widespread assumption the Vikings have totally mismanaged their salary cap plan and have to spend draft capital to plan for a mass exodus of talent after the 2018 season?
Most mocks have us taking OL. That is still the most likely position we draft. I can see CB, but that's a stretch IMO. As I said before, not a lot of wisdom in spending a 1st round pick on a guy who won't contribute for a couple of years. Vikings seem to be looking to Philly a lot. They had one of the best DLs in the NFL when they drafted DE Derek Barnett in the 1st round last year. That kind of rotational depth on the DL made a big impression on the Vikings.