Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Just 12 Days - VikeFans.com is at Training Camp
Our team of 4 will be in Mankato from August 2 - 5th and cover the camp-closing intrasquad scrimmage.
We feel fortunate to do this, and are more than willing to take suggestions for content you would like to see. This is our 4th year in Mankato, and this one is surely to be our best to close out the Viking's stay in the city.

Mike Olson - Video, Technical production
Jason Barum - Photography, Video, Interviews
Geoff Nichols - Press Conference, podcast, articles, Twitter and game breakdowns
Me - Player and coach interviews, articles, and Twitter

looking forward to seeing you again Tom.  hopefully you have more than an hour to socialize this time around.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
looking forward to seeing you again Tom.  hopefully you have more than an hour to socialize this time around.

I'm making sure I do.   I tend to get tied up in editing and writing stories at night (as they tend to age quickly), but will be out at the campground, at the Pizza gathering and before the scrimmage.  

I can't wait. I am looking forward to it. I am so ready for vacation to begin.

Just had another set back repairing the camper roof,  adding another day to the project.  Still should get it put all back together in time....  Looking forward to hanging out with you again Tom.

Quote: @PapaScott said:
Just had another set back repairing the camper roof,  adding another day to the project.  Still should get it put all back together in time....  Looking forward to hanging out with you again Tom.
what part of the roof and whats up?  I have some great stuff for camper roofs,  kinda spendy but a lot cheaper than a leaky roof can end up being.  if you are still fighting it when its time to head up I could bring the super tape and give you a hand before you set up.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
what part of the roof and whats up?  I have some great stuff for camper roofs,  kinda spendy but a lot cheaper than a leaky roof can end up being.  if you are still fighting it when its time to head up I could bring the super tape and give you a hand before you set up.
I'm redoing the whole roof.  discovered multiple holes, then discovered end boards were rotted.  The set  back was the other end board which had been repaired by previous owner. discovered that when it was repaired they just screwed a board (didn't fit completely) to the endboards and then tried to glue the aluminium shell to it.  unfortunately they didn't clean out all the old wood, infact it didn't stick well so they decided to plunk 70+ staples in to the aluminum (to the board) and then covered it with silicon.  also discovered during the ripping out of the old plywood (interior) that there was a leak, and their solution, yup put fricken staples in it.  Problem?  staples won't stick to foam.  
So i've got the old board out and everything scrapped off the aluminum and a new board purchased cut and ready to install.  Takes 24 hours to cure and it's exactly 24 hours from yesterday's install of the other end board.  Got to getter done so Viking Bob has a place to stay for Training Camp.

once, all the sides are installed I will begin the process of sealing up the top.  Going to roll on Grizzly Grip (truck bed liner) over the top.  

Quote: @PapaScott said:
once, all the sides are installed I will begin the process of sealing up the top.  Going to roll on Grizzly Grip (truck bed liner) over the top.  
sounds like an idea, you are going with white right?