Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT- Sort of: I'm an April Fool
So I'm working in the yard this morning April 2nd, and my boy runs up and shows me an Instagram post that our 
new QB (not gonna jinx it by saying names) tore his (you're gonna have to guess it)...he showed me the Instagram update, but I didn't read the date it was posted or the hashtag.#aprilfools.

naturally following the Vikes for the past 45 years, I thought....yup....figures..

so I dropped what I was doing ran in and grabbed my iPad.....nothing here....
so I type in his name....breaking news.....nothing

I ran back over to Kyle, said lemme see that......grabbed his phone.

Now, we we are not big "April Fools" type folks and with Easter egg hunts yesterday, making dinner, etc. just plain forgot it was
AP. 1st. ....so I point out that it was an April Fools post, we both breathed a sigh of relief.

Duh......

So he didn't realize it was fake either?

I am too much a skeptic to even let the Viking crap make me believe it.  Always have my guard up around my house, especially on april 1st.

Had lots of fun combining april fools and Easter yesterday.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I am too much a skeptic to even let the Viking crap make me believe it.  Always have my guard up around my house, especially on april 1st.

how many little kids plastic easter eggs do you suppose were filled with nasty crap yesterday?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:

how many little kids plastic easter eggs do you suppose were filled with nasty crap yesterday?
Too many.  We did get a few with the slip of paper saying april fools at the egg hunt.  But that is likely lost on the kids tho, they were dumping them out to prepare for trades. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
So he didn't realize it was fake either?
No, my kids love their dads team, and sometimes they update me on stuff...
before I know what went down. 

my my son came out and showed it to me very "matter of fact-ly" and I just about collapsed.

when I saw nothing here, nor on any other news....I asked him to show me his phone....it was posted yesterday so we BOTH got a scare.

some shit ain't funny.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:

Too many.  We did get a few with the slip of paper saying april fools at the egg hunt.  But that is likely lost on the kids tho, they were dumping them out to prepare for trades. 
my sister in law filled a bunch of eggs at home prior to their trip to grandmas,  on the way (8 hour trip) she noticed that my 2 year old nephew had some chocolate on his face so when they stopped she wiped it off thinking it was something that his sisters had given him.  a little while later she looked back and saw him eating another little candy bar and she figured out what happened.  the bag with the filled plastic eggs was close enough for him to reach so he was helping himself.   she didnt think he had eaten much but when I went to hide the eggs I got that bag and the little turd had emptied about 10-15 of those eggs.. most of which he popped back together and put back in the bag.  some kids got some duds.

@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:

my sister in law filled a bunch of eggs at home prior to their trip to grandmas,  on the way (8 hour trip) she noticed that my 2 year old nephew had some chocolate on his face so when they stopped she wiped it off thinking it was something that his sisters had given him.  a little while later she looked back and saw him eating another little candy bar and she figured out what happened.  the bag with the filled plastic eggs was close enough for him to reach so he was helping himself.   she didnt think he had eaten much but when I went to hide the eggs I got that bag and the little turd had emptied about 10-15 of those eggs.. most of which he popped back together and put back in the bag.  some kids got some duds.
One valentines day we bought heart shaped boxes of chocolates for each kid.  Probably was 6-8 pieces in each box.  They all got one or 2 and we put them up for the next day.  Except in the morning our youngest, around 2 or 3 at the time, had woken up, climbed up on the counter and had eaten ever last piece of chocolate.  Didn't get sick either.  He is like me in many ways.

@"greediron" said:

Well it looks like they sold a bunch of them...
[Image: 3we3e448s4a1.jpeg]

B) 

Quote: @"Maple Surple" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:

Well it looks like they sold a bunch of them...
[Image: 3we3e448s4a1.jpeg]

B) 
I think thats what my mom bought.  typically their yard is big enough that we could easily hide a couple hundred eggs for the little grandkids to look for,  but we have been getting racked with winter storms every 5 days for the last month so there wasnt a lot of available real estate so I ended up leaving some "jackpots" for the kids.   I also made sure to hide a lot of white easter eggs in divots in the snow,  and scattered quite a few of the egss across the drifted areas.  ( My kids are to old,  but I always told my siblings that I would get even when they had little kids... nice cloths be damned... those kids were getting those eggs no matter how muddy or wet they had to get to reach them. B)  )