Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's not SB or bust for me this year...
IT's not even to match 13/3... 

But my expectation is for the franchise to win their 1st Championship sometime over the next 3 seasons.

What say you? 

We went all in on Cousins,  I would say your expectations are to low.  I say this roster made the championship game without its top RB and QB.  Adding a 28 million dollar passer and getting that RB back the bar needs to he set much higher. 

Hopefully, it will be a couple of championships within the next three years.  I just hope there are no significant injuries that will derail the season.  I'm usually a little uneasy watching preseason games because I want the team as healthy as possible starting off the regular season.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
IT's not even to match 13/3... 

But my expectation is for the franchise to win their 1st Championship sometime over the next 3 seasons.

What say you? 
Agreed.

You need some luck to win the Super Bowl in any year. I think their window is 3-4 years and they can finally get that elusive trophy. 

I think winning the NFCCG is the next step. 

[Image: ajmc6b_th.gif]

Until they fix the O line and add some quality depth there they will face a tough climb to make the NFCC. That was the lesson from last season.  Im hoping they learned it.

Unless they somehow think like others here that the QB play hindered the O line from blocking..

Every year is a SB year or why watch?   “Once. before I die” was a funny request in the 80s....  now it’s more of a demand.. 

If we’ve upgraded at every postioin, as much as they say, then it’s NFCCG win at least or a waste... isn’t it?  

I’ll watch and follow this team no matter what but I always expect them to be the best.  

Luck is the blah blah of blah blah....  =) Good teams can’t rely on luck game in and game out, are the Pats that more “lucky” than the rest of the NFL these last few decades?  No they have a winning scheme and QB/coach on the same page with great team chemistry..  Vikings need to expect be in the playoffs year in and year out.  Not just be “happy” beating the Pack.  

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
Every year is a SB year or why watch?   “Once. before I die” was a funny request in the 80s....  now it’s more of a demand.. 

If we’ve upgraded at every postioin, as much as they say, then it’s NFCCG win at least or a waste... isn’t it?  

I’ll watch and follow this team no matter what but I always expect them to be the best.  

Luck is the blah blah of blah blah....  =) Good teams can’t rely on luck game in and game out, are the Pats that more “lucky” than the rest of the NFL these last few decades?  No they have a winning scheme and QB/coach on the same page with great team chemistry..  Vikings need to expect be in the playoffs year in and year out.  Not just be “happy” beating the Pack.  
No more morale victories or good enough excuses.

There is no excuse to miss the superbowl this year.  I can't remember a team that made it to the championship game AND had plenty of money to make a free agency splash AND had a key player out for most of the season AND was returning their core starting lineup save for improvements made in FA.

But where the Vikings are concerned I'm like a puppy dog who always thinks that noisy keys means I get to go for a walk.  I'm eternally hopeful and always disappointed.  One of these days its going to happen.  I just KNOW it.