Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Williams Might Be Done For The Year
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Chargers first-round WR Mike Williams may need season-ending back surgery on a herniated disk.

Williams recently received a second epidural in an effort to try and get him ready for some point during training camp, but the team is preparing as if he won't be ready. There's a chance it won't even help at all, and Williams would then have to get surgery. The No. 7 overall pick in April, Williams has been hurt seemingly ever since being picked. He missed the entire spring and has fallen way behind. Even if he somehow manages to recover at some point, he's highly unlikely to make a year-one impact. The good news for the Chargers is they're well-stocked at receiver with Keenan Allen coming back from a torn ACL, Tyrell Williams coming off a breakout 2016, Dontrelle Inman proving capable as a No. 3, and Travis Benjamin as a deep threat. Williams allegedly may have "masked" the injury in the pre-draft process.

Jul 19 - 4:09 PM
Source: ESPN.com

Neck in college, now this...yikes...

Yikes is right...

Geez that sucks.

This is a post draft injury?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
 Williams allegedly may have "masked" the injury in the pre-draft process.

Apparently not, but how do you mask a herniated disk (OUCH!!) in a workout? Somebody get me the name of his connection...

Quote: @RS Express said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
 Williams allegedly may have "masked" the injury in the pre-draft process.

Apparently not, but how do you mask a herniated disk (OUCH!!) in a workout? Somebody get me the name of his connection...
I'm guessing the Red Woman was involved...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports first round WR Mike Williams (back) is not expected to need surgery.
The Chargers were considering surgery 3-4 weeks ago, but multiple sources tell RapSheet it's "not on the table" anymore. Williams has reportedly been improving since going down in late May. He's expected to open training camp on the active/PUP list.
Source: Ian Rapoport on TwitterJul 19 - 7:31 

Back problems are nothing to play around with. I threw my lower back out playing hockey my junior year by turning to hit someone and I dropped like a brick. Two pains I wouldn't want on my worst enemy.. Back issues and tooth pain. Horrific.

For some reason, with all the "luck" a WR with the name Mike Williams has in the NFL, they might want to consider a name change.

Chargers coach Anthony Lynn was noncommittal Sunday when asked if No. 7 overall pick Mike Williams (back) will play football this season.
"I'm hopeful that he's not," said Lynn. "But who knows? I don't know." The Chargers have already ruled Williams out for the entirety of training camp, putting them on track to place Williams on the reserve/PUP list. They could then reevaluate Williams' health after he misses the first six games.