[Image: 7636.jpg]
Tom Compton | Tackle | #76
Team: Minnesota Vikings
Age / DOB:  (28) / 5/10/1989
Ht / Wt:  6'5' / 313
College: South Dakota
Drafted: 2012 / Rd. 6 (193) / WAS

[Image: MIN.png]
Vikings signed OL Tom Compton, formerly of the Bears.
Compton started five games at guard last season for the Bears, and he has also made starts at tackle in his career. He should compete for a swing role in Minnesota. Mar 22 - 11:44 AM

Straight Outta

nice depth

Vikings sign Tom Compton, Rosemount native and ‘best friend’ of Kirk Cousins

Tom Compton is coming home and will be reunited with Kirk Cousins.
The free-agent guard, a Rosemount native, signed Thursday with the Vikings. He called it “a dream” to play for the team he grew up following.
“I just want to say, super excited to be here, back home,” Compton said.
Among Compton’s best friends is Cousins, the quarterback who signed a three-year, $84 million contract last week with the Vikings. The two were Washington Redskins teammates from 2012-15 and roommates at training camp.
“Extremely close with Kirk,” said Compton, who played last season with the Chicago Bears. He’s a “good friend of mine that we got to play together four years in Washington and I soon as I heard the news that he was coming here, deep down I hoped we would be able to reunite again. So it definitely played a part in it, the fact that I had that opportunity. It wasn’t the only factor, but it definitely was one.”
Compton’s mother, Karen Compton, said Cousins is the “best friend” of Compton. She said the two are so close that, when Compton was with Atlanta in 2016, Cousins attended some Falcons playoff games during their run to the Super Bowl.
“The two of them always talked about their dream would be the two of them back together again,” Karen Compton said.
In the offseason, the two play in the rock band Midnight Pilot, with Cousins on vocals and Compton on the drums. Compton had a cameo in the 2015 movie “Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!” that he got thanks to Cousins.
“They asked Kirk to do it and he couldn’t, but he said, ‘I know the perfect person to do it,’ ” said Karen Compton.
Compton, who played at Rosemount High School and the University of South Dakota, entered the NFL in 2012 as a Redskins sixth-round pick; the Redskins picked up Cousins, who played at Michigan State, two rounds earlier, in the fourth. The two first met before the draft at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Compton, a six-year veteran, can play both guard and tackle. He has started 16 of the 71 NFL games in which he has appeared, including five at guard for the Bears in 2017.
“The plan right now is to start out at guard and see how that goes but also be able to plug in at other spots,” Compton said. “That’s kind of what I was doing most of my career, just bouncing around different positions. So I think we’ll see how guard goes.”
https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/22/vi...k-cousins/