Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucky's Top 5 By Position

If Minnesota wants a top OT prospect, they can get one at #30.....and a very good OG prospect in round 2. Or vice versa. Could very easily get two offensive line starters which I'd LOVE to see happen (OT starting at RT this year and the OG in the heavy mix to start next year or be top OG backup this season).

I don't know that I want to see us take 2 OL with our first 2 picks - unless they really are the BPAs. That does not speak well for the players we already have on the team. Are we already throwing in the towel on Hill, Remmers, Isidora, and others?
We have other needs, too: LB, TE, CB, WR, S, RB

After a 1st and potential 2nd RD OL, we should be good for a while with quality tools in the cupboard. i would love to go hard with Defense after that, maybe even move down from the 1st to the early second, grabbing a 4th 

Reiff, Remmers, 2nd RD, Hill
Easton, 1st RD, Isodora, Berger, Collins
Elf

OG, OT, CB, DE first 4 picks. 

One starting OG, one T pushing for a starting role, a Newman rellacement and a Robison replacement in 2019

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Reiff, Remmers, 2nd RD, Hill
Easton, 1st RD, Isodora, Berger, Collins
Elf
Including the 2 draft picks, that's 10 OL. That seems a little high. But you included Berger and he may not be coming back.  But we signed Josh Andrews from the Eagles following the SB. So we are still at 10, and that's assuming we are dumping D. Joseph, C. Edison, and S. Wilson.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
I don't know that I want to see us take 2 OL with our first 2 picks - unless they really are the BPAs. That does not speak well for the players we already have on the team. Are we already throwing in the towel on Hill, Remmers, Isidora, and others?
I don't see them giving up on Hill, Isidora, and Collins.  They kept all 3 on the 53 man roster last year for a reason.  I think a lot of fans are sleeping on Collins.  He was an UDFA who made the team and started to see some specialty snaps late in the year.  He could be the next right tackle when they move on from Remmers deal (or maybe they restructure in a year or two).

They do need one interior lineman who has versatility and there is a reason why they have visited with Price, Ragnow, and Quessenberry.  All 3 can play center and guard.

I really do not see them taking a tackle this year unless one falls to them later in the draft (Alex Cappa perhaps?).

Any late round pick will have a very difficult time making the final 53. I cannot see Hill, Isidora, or Collins not making the team next year.  That would indicate the investment in their development was a waste of time.

So with Reiff, Remmers, Elfein, and Easton that makes 7 linemen.

They signed Josh Andrews from the Eagles right after JDF came on board.  There has to be a reason for that move too.

I expect the first round pick to be a corner or possibly Ronnie Harrison if he makes it to 30.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
@"dadevike" said:
I don't see them giving up on Hill, Isidora, and Collins.  They kept all 3 on the 53 man roster last year for a reason.  I think a lot of fans are sleeping on Collins.  He was an UDFA who made the team and started to see some specialty snaps late in the year.  He could be the next right tackle when they move on from Remmers deal (or maybe they restructure in a year or two).

They do need one interior lineman who has versatility and there is a reason why they have visited with Price, Ragnow, and Quessenberry.  All 3 can play center and guard.

I really do not see them taking a tackle this year unless one falls to them later in the draft (Alex Cappa perhaps?).

Any late round pick will have a very difficult time making the final 53. I cannot see Hill, Isidora, or Collins not making the team next year.  That would indicate the investment in their development was a waste of time.

They signed Josh Andrews from the Eagles right after JDF came on board.  There has to be a reason for that move too.

I expect the first round pick to be a corner or possibly Ronnie Harrison if he makes it to 30.

I agree we are keeping Hill, Isidora, and Collins. It is likely we keep Andrews, too. Reiff, Easton, Elflein, and Remmers are certain to stay. That leaves room for 1 high draft pick OL.
I don't know if that would be a guard or a tackle. I think it all depends on who is there when we pick. All things being equal, I would lean towards the tackle. I think they liked Remmers at guard and there is a good chance he stays there, especially if we pick up an OT in the first or second. But whether the pick is G or OT, it should be just one high pick on the OL, not two.

excellent point, I forgot about Andrews.  

BTW, I like what Collins brings to the table.  So maybe with Andrews, Collins, Hill, we only need to draft OG. I really really want Price, if he’s equal to ELF, that would be huge for years to come

I've been saying for months, if a stud defender falls to #30, they are now positioned to pounce - whether it's a CB, S, LB or DE.  I think DT is less likely.  

I do like Jaire Alexander - if only so we can have the Alexander Twins on the field in dime packages this year. 

He fills a need, and is the kind of premium athlete you aren't going to find later.

I expect teams to RPO the crap out of The Vikes this year, and they should be gearing up to stop it.

IMO, Alexander is a sticky and fast playmaker who will find plenty of work First Year.

Plus, now they are expected to sign Tom Compton for depth in case Berger or Sirles goes elsewhere?:
http://http//profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/22/vikings-expected-to-sign-tom-compton/

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
@"dadevike" said:

I agree we are keeping Hill, Isidora, and Collins. It is likely we keep Andrews, too. Reiff, Easton, Elflein, and Remmers are certain to stay. That leaves room for 1 high draft pick OL.
I don't know if that would be a guard or a tackle. I think it all depends on who is there when we pick. All things being equal, I would lean towards the tackle. I think they liked Remmers at guard and there is a good chance he stays there, especially if we pick up an OT in the first or second. But whether the pick is G or OT, it should be just one high pick on the OL, not two.
If McGlinchey gets close enough I could see a trade up.

I would prefer to trade the 2019 1st and the 2nd round pick to snag someone's first like Buffalo.

That would give the Vikings TWO first round picks this year.

Make that trade with the Bills to snag McGlinchey or Derwin Lewis if he is somehow there.

Another tackle would be Connor Williams.

But it is interesting that the Vikings are meeting with guard/center type linemen.