Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The vikings Team Cap Space: $21,033,005 after Kirk Cousins signing

I heard it's around 24.4.  That's including Murray and the draft pick pool.  Could go higher if they cut Murray... 

And Shariff Floyd

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
I heard it's around 24.4.  That's including Murray and the draft pick pool.  Could go higher if they cut Murray... 

Hopefully Murray agrees to restructure, not be cut. IMO they should talk to both Murray and Jarius Wright, possibly knock each down by about $2M. But I would also consider Andrew Sendejo ($3.5M) and Kyle Rudolph ($7.6M) candidates to restructure. I like Rudolph, but he's the 7th-highest-paid TE in the NFL...

Pretty much..."Hey Guys, why don't ya'll chip in?"

I'm not so sure about asking Sendejo or Rudolph to take a cut.  
If you are asking a player to take a pay cut, you need to be ready to cut him if he says no. You present a binary choice: take a pay cut or get cut. If you are not prepared to cut the player, don't ask him to take a pay cut. Word will get out. 
Restructure is different. That is not a pay cut and often results in more money up front.
Murray should be a pay cut or get cut. Not sure what BRob makes, but he is probably in the same boat as Murray. I would ask BRob to retire and join the coaching staff. I don't know what Wright makes but I think he has already taken cuts.

Sendejo has team out this year which saves 5+ million-sign Honey Badger($8M and Richardson$11M) and pray for a relatively injury free season.  JW is a good player but he may not bring that value(IDK), I like Murray but same thing when you can likely get a decent option in the draft or late free agents.  Those roster moves could free up close to 10 million to offset the 19M for two great additions to the great defense.  Then draft Barr's replacement, OL, BPA depth.

All better options IMO than hitting Robison up for a cut(restructure that isn't a cut maybe).

if they landed these two d players i would think o line in rounds 1 and 2 would be in play (if the value is there of course)

Quote: @dadevike said:
If you are asking a player to take a pay cut, you need to be ready to cut him if he says no. You present a binary choice: take a pay cut or get cut. If you are not prepared to cut the player, don't ask him to take a pay cut. Word will get out. 
Restructure is different. That is not a pay cut and often results in more money up front.
Murray should be a pay cut or get cut. Not sure what BRob makes, but he is probably in the same boat as Murray. I would ask BRob to retire and join the coaching staff. I don't know what Wright makes but I think he has already taken cuts.
Sorry but that makes no sense.

First off, he is on a very cheap deal in its last year.  Second, he is a key part of the D.  Watch him move around, create opportunities for other.  He is such a leader for this team in so many unselfish ways.  You want more of those guys, not less.

Quote: @greediron said:
@dadevike said:
Sorry but that makes no sense.

First off, he is on a very cheap deal in its last year.  Second, he is a key part of the D.  Watch him move around, create opportunities for other.  He is such a leader for this team in so many unselfish ways.  You want more of those guys, not less.

I'll start by saying I like Brian Robison a lot and do not underestimate what he does for the team. That's why I would like to keep him in some capacity. He will count about $3.5M against the cap and has $1.25M in dead money. So he would not free up a ton of cap space, but it may be $2M we need.  We also have Weatherly, Bower, Odenigbo, and draft picks.
Cutting Murray frees up about $5M; Sendejo, $3.5M (if signing Mathieu); and Wright, $2.6M.  There is nowhere else to cut unless you are cutting Rudolph. But that seems crazy when you just signed Cousins.