Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Jet Replacements
Mike Davis - RB - Free AgentSeahawks declined to tender restricted free agent RB Mike Davis.
Seattle also declined to tender Thomas Rawls. The Davis move is somewhat surprising after the former fourth-round pick showed well in six late-season starts, especially since the low tender ($1.9 million) would have been enough to keep him. Perhaps the Seahawks plan to re-sign him to a smaller deal, but it looks like they are attempting to completely rebuild the position.Related: Seahawks

Rawls is not a pass catcher. Going to be hard to get someone with Jet's skill set on the cheap. Hope our college scouts have been working this year. 

don't want any Seattle backs.  They have all been the "next great thing"... until they weren't and then it was on to the next one.

I think we should try to keep Murray for another season (hope that is still possible) and draft a replacement for Jet. I would draft fairly high, as we need insurance for Cook and hopefully someone who can replace Murray in 2019.

I actually like Kalen Ballage in the 3rd. I know a lot of people call him a "triangle numbers" prospect, but he reminds me of David Johnson a few years ago, has the receiving and all-purpose skills already and might surprise as a runner. Fine complementary style to Cook.

Draft Nick Chubb, versatile strong runner who might be available into the third round.  We don't need another Jet per se because Cook is very similar to that.  Id rather get a guy with some short yardage chops like Murray but maybe with more potential.  Keeping Murray makes sense this year and adding Chubb give them solid RB depth for another 4+ years on the cheap.

I like Chubb or mr. "all he does is win Super Bowls" Legarette Blount. Blount would be a nice cheap bruiser behind Cook.