Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berger Has Two Standing Offers
Joe Berger - C - Free AgentFree agent RG Joe Berger has standing offers from the Vikings and Lions.
Berger is still "seriously weighing" retirement despite the offers. Coming off another stong season, Berger may command more than the $3.5 million he made last year if he returns. He was PFF's No. 23-ranked guard in 2017.Related: Lions, Vikings

Joe needs to make a decision, stay or go.

He'd be ok as a backup here.  Both sides really need to move on.

If the offers are not high enough he may retire.  The dudes in the trenches go through hell to play a full 16 game season.

He has been underpaid for at least three years while starting all but two games.

This may be his only way to try and get paid more.

Cant blame him for that and he deserves it too.

But as Clint Eastwood said ...

Deserves got nothing to do with it!

I think the Vikes need to move on. I like what Joe has done, but they need to keep upgrading, not going back to what was there on a unit that needs to get better.

His play warrants a nice contract. But his age and talk of retirement suggest nothing more than a moderate, 1 year deal.  Football seems to be a sport that if you are considering retirement, you are already done.  I think he is done. 

If Berger is leaning toward retirement, then he needs to retire. He'll only regret staying one more year.

If he retires, at least he knows he did it on the field everyday and not riding the bench.  Thanks for you hard work Joe.

Im gonna call him Joe Favre from here on out  B)

Quote: @dadevike said:
His play warrants a nice contract. But his age and talk of retirement suggest nothing more than a moderate, 1 year deal.  Football seems to be a sport that if you are considering retirement, you are already done.  I think he is done. 
my theory on playing pickup basketball, always quit one game before you think you should.  I think that fits with retirement in the NFL.  Like you said, if you are considering it, you are probably done.

He is solid as a guard, but definitely not worth more than a 1 year deal.