Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy New Deal is $15 million for ONE year
This just came out - a bit more than the 5mil speculation - that is starter money!
https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors

Not sure - but must be up to 15 mil if he meets playing time goals etc. - as in plays in all the games.

its $5M.  to make his incentives, McCown has to get hurt earlt.  Josh was peomised he would start if he signed

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
its $5M.  to make his incentives, McCown has to get hurt earlt.  Josh was peomised he would start if he signed
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought he was told he'd be the starter heading into training camp.  Not guaranteed the Week 1 starter.

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
So the base is 5 - and he can get to 15 (meets incentives)?  10 million in incentives can be quite motivating! 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Tom Moore" said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought he was told he'd be the starter heading into training camp.  Not guaranteed the Week 1 starter.
That's what I've read. New York media is saying that McCown was guaranteed that he'd begin the offseason atop the depth chart, that they wouldn't sign a presumptive starter after signing him. That does not, and could not, guarantee that he will come out of training camp the week 1 starter. That would be ridiculous actually.  

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Tom Moore" said:
This ^^^^^^ no way do the Jets name their starter in March. He's QB 1 right now, but that can easily change before September. 

No starter spot is guaranteed by any sane coach.  Obviously McCown will start atop the depth chart because he started last year and knows the system.  But he's been around long enough to know he has a 25 year old top pick behind him and he better separate himself early to hold the spot.

Glad its the Jets problem.

Strange the Jets website hasnt announced the deal yet. They have different feature articles for all of their signings except Teddy.

Just wanted to see what it looked like and get it over with. Crickets on their site.