Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7.5 million/year for McKinnon
Its no wonder the Vikings let him become a FA. Murray may be reluctant to take a cut now.

wow way more then i woulda paid

Damn, I really like Jerrick as well and it will be tough to see him go.  I really hope Cook comes back all the way next year.

To be completely honest, before this past season I wouldn't have cared if we lost him.  While I still think he lacks shiftiness for his size and an inability to break tackles and hit the open space from the handoff, he did impress this season when he gets the ball already in the open field.  He was a big part of what the team accomplished so Cook and/or another guy are going to need to perform those tasks.  The Vikings weren't going to make him the featured back like he wants.  If SF wants to try that's fine, but I think they'll also find out that handing him the ball isn't his greatest strength.

Let's wait and see what the guarantee is before slamming the deal.

Quote: @"CLOBIMON" said:
To be completely honest, before this past season I wouldn't have cared if we lost him.  While I still think he lacks shiftiness for his size and an inability to break tackles and hit the open space from the handoff, he did impress this season when he gets the ball already in the open field.  He was a big part of what the team accomplished so Cook and/or another guy are going to need to perform those tasks.  The Vikings weren't going to make him the featured back like he wants.  If SF wants to try that's fine, but I think they'll also find out that handing him the ball isn't his greatest strength.
Same here.  Until this last season.  He added some pop to his game, impressive for a guy his size.  But not sure that is the best route for a smaller guy to make a long career in the NFL, but it was fun watching him unload on people.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
Damn, I really like Jerrick as well and it will be tough to see him go.  I really hope Cook comes back all the way next year.
Not just come back all the way as far as recovery - but LAST/PLAY the entire 2018 season!

Would 7.5 million make him the top earning RB for 2018 at this point? i would bet its near the top. Hmm. Never considered him worth that much. But as Bolstad said - lets see the actual deal breakdown  - then we can see the real numbers.

Sounds like there was a bidding war between 2 or more teams, two of them, the Jets & Niners having/had a huge amount of cap space to spend. He’s now like the 3rd highest paid back...  :o :o :o

edit: 4th after Bell signs Wink

Quote: @"NorthernCalVike" said:
Would 7.5 million make him the top earning RB for 2018 at this point? i would bet its near the top. Hmm. Never considered him worth that much. But as Bolstad said - lets see the actual deal breakdown  - then we can see the real numbers.
NFLN was just saying "within the top five" earlier today.