Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone use an iPad here?
picked up 9.7 iPad Pro to use for surfing purposes while figuring out what system to get to replace my(cat assisted) failed laptop. Anyone using one have issues with this site?  I get logged out and while scrolling parts of the pages “lag” behind the scroll i guess is the best way to desribe what happens, sometimes links don’t work.  And when I backspace while typing it goes to the bottom of the page,  It might be my settings, but just wondering if others using iPads have issues too or not.  

I have one, but don't use it a my primary device (my laptop is), but it seems to do well here.  I had to get used to the UI differences, but it I haven't noticed any issues.

I use mine all the time.  Haven't had the kind of issue you describe of logging out.
ive had a couple other weird things happen, but they all seemed to resolve themselves.
To be honest I can't even recall what exactly was screwing up, it's been that long.

actually any video link (usually to Vikings.com) takes a long time to boot up, and will sometimes kick me out or freeze

sometimes when my iPad gets glitchy, I turn the whole thing off (which I rarely do) then on again.  90% of the time the situation is resolved.  

Good luck

i use mine all the time. this is the main “problm” i have. nothing automatically capitalizes. 
the keyboard dosnt disappear after i comment unless i hit the “Discussion>The Longship” link at the bottom of the thread. if i go back, or use the one at the top of the thrad it stays visible.

I’m using private browsing setting too.  that coud be messing up some things, maybe?  

I use one at work and as a primary device at home, never had any issues

I haven't had your issues before Zerk, but I have had the issues that Rip described.

But the main issue I have with my iPad on this site is that when I click on a thread that I've read before but has since added new posts, it doesn't position at the start of the new posts like it does on a PC, it positions all the way at the bottom of the page and I have to scroll up and try to find where the new posts start.

Thanks for the replies.  It’s just a pain sometimes and was wondering if it was my end or if others were having issues too.  I don’t like typing a page only to have it lost before I hit post.  

[Image: 5qjbg4564cts.png]

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
i use mine all the time. this is the main “problm” i have. nothing automatically capitalizes. 
the keyboard dosnt disappear after i comment unless i hit the “Discussion>The Longship” link at the bottom of the thread. if i go back, or use the one at the top of the thrad it stays visible.
Ditto...