Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cost of Theodore's leg injury...
How many millions (100's of millions?) did the Vikings toss @ Bradford and Cousins along with draft picks...

All tracing to that fateful August day in a pre-season practice when Teddy's leg almost fell off. 

UGH...

But Kudo's to RS and ownership for being aggressive and agile. They have not been docile about addressing the challenges.

Heard this on radio tonight, interesting way to look at it. Not saying it's necessarily all true, but my goodness. What a ride. 

youre right.  just think if teddy would have turned into a cousins type qb?  $100m difference?

I remember when he got hurt. I was in Sydney on vacation and had just woken up. I got a text from my brother about Teddy being hurt and went on to Twitter to find out what happened. It's horrible when any player gets hurt, but Teddy is such a likable and hard working person that I really wanted to see him do well. I went out that day wearing my Vikings hat and ran into a Vikings fan from Mexico City and another fan from Osseo at a mall. We were all devastated trying to figure out what the Vikings would do.

Before he got hurt, it seemed like Teddy was about to make a leap to the next level. Then he nearly loses his leg, the Vikings are forced to make a move for a QB and the ensuing QB craziness of the past two seasons happened. If he doesn't get hurt, then maybe he becomes our franchise guy, who knows what Spielman does with those picks we sent off for Bradford, and there's a good chance we wouldn't have needed to make the Cousins signing. Just a perfect example of the butterfly effect changing the course of a franchise.

I typically don't root for players when they leave, but I'd still like to see Teddy do well and have a nice career. It just sucks that he suffered such a horrific injury. At least we're back to being in a good spot at QB, but we'll need a lot better backup than Sloter.

It was such a devastating thing. It made me sad because he is beyond a great athlete, he is a phenomenal guy. I just felt absolutely sick when it happened. He is so mature, humble and hard working. And the fan connection was insane, all those training camps and regular season games. He handled the situation and conducted himself with such class. I love all the things he does to help kids. How can you not root for a guy like that? 

Unless he ends up playing for the yellow team, I will always root for Teddy Bridgewater. 

Probably like $50M a first and a fourth round draft picks.  2 seasons of Bradford at $18M plus one season of Bridgewater on his option vs $28M for Cousins.

After that you'd have to pay Bridgewater a pretty decent sum per year probably close to Garapollo.

Quote: @medaille said:
Probably like $50M a first and a fourth round draft picks.  2 seasons of Bradford at $18M plus one season of Bridgewater on his option vs $28M for Cousins.

After that you'd have to pay Bridgewater a pretty decent sum per year probably close to Garapollo.
Yes, if Teddy had worked out no doubt he would have been in line for a $28 million dollar payday in 2018.

Imagine Kirk's stats on Teddy. He would have been franchise tagged so fast it'd be called a discount for the team.

You know... I think the writing was on the wall the whole time with Teddy. Look at the money these starters are getting lately, and look at the value of the 5th year option we declined on Teddy. We passed on a hefty discount the day we declined it. (... did we decline the option thinking about "toll" rules?...) Had he played this season, and played like Keenum... would we have paid $20+ million? Man... i dunno... we didnt even pay that to Keenum...

Maybe it was more obvious he was out the door from an overall league contract standpoint than I had realized...  maybe back last offseason when we were wondering if we'd be paying Bradford, the Vikes were wondering if they'd be paying Cousins lol...

All valid points. But didn't Philly pay part of Bradford's salary his first season with the Vikes? I seem to recall that was the case.

Teddy is getting a $5 million, one year deal with the Jets. He's got a lot to prove. Its all up to him. I don't blame the Vikings for not putting their immediate season/s into such a complete question mark as TB is now. He's a good kid that had a bad thing (injury) happen to him. Isn't the first and won't be the last. Its going to be tough for him to beat out a strong vet like McNown, it won't happen outside of an injury to Josh. And New York can be a meat grinder for a QB that struggles when he gets in there. 

The predraft report on Teddy had concern about his 'skinny knees' which was scoffed at.....not so much now. The dude is THIN from the waist down. The NFL is a business and it can be brutal.