Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington Fan Opinion of Kirk Cousins
A guy at work is a huge 'skins fan, and I emailed about his thoughts on Cousins as a QB.

His reply:  "Can't win Big games.  Puts up #s but chokes when matters, glad he's gone"

Guess he's not a big fan, or just sour grapes.   I replied that I think he'll be just fine with our receivers, running game, and defense.  He didn't reply back.  B)

I have a message to the guy I work with that coached Diggs in HS. Asked him all of the above. I'll update once I get his take.

His work is on display for everyone to see, its not hard to check him out. The organization and the new offensive coordinator are down with it, so giddy up.

Well, if he is a Viking (really hoping), then I will have to back him.  Watched Casserly talk about him and it was mentioned that he really cut down on the bonehead plays this year.  And Casserly's biggest point about him not winning was, he threw for 4000 yards to WHO?  He will be fine with the talent around him in MN.

I certainly hope so.  Biggest reason to like Case and Teddy was that they won.  I am hopeful that Cousins will thrive with our offensive staff/scheme and the talent around him.

If he is a QB worth that contract there will be no excuse for anything but 10+ wins each season barring massive injury issues.

Packers are on notice, a complete roster vs your QB and the refs.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
A guy at work is a huge 'skins fan, and I emailed about his thoughts on Cousins as a QB.

His reply:  "Can't win Big games.  Puts up #s but chokes when matters, glad he's gone"

Guess he's not a big fan, or just sour grapes.   I replied that I think he'll be just fine with our receivers, running game, and defense.  He didn't reply back.  B)
Oh crap, did Spielman, Zimmer and DeFilippo check out this guy's take before they went after Cousins?   Shit, we are doomed!!

The Redskins are a mess as a franchise. They have been since, well forever it seems. Tried to spend huge amounts in FA, that didn’t work, so they brought in Gibbs, that didn’t work, so they started drafting and playing thise guys, that didn’t work, so they started signing second tier FA’s, that didn’t work....

I can see why the guy is frustrated, but exactly how many big games has Cousins been in to lose, and how many of those losses can be pinned directly on him?

Fans are fickle, after Case had a great year, fans were saying he can’t win the big one because “he” lost to the Eagles. 

You work with Dan Snyder?

[Image: DYLmyYEVMAEps17.jpg]

Your co-worker is correct. He did not win Big games. He did put up big #'s and chocked when it mattered. He could not beat teams with winning records. It is also true that he did not have a great supporting cast. He did, however have an excellent receiver for a few years -Pierre Garcon and Deshaun Jackson. But there was also rumors last year that his receiving corps has issues with him - that he throws to them into dangerous situations where they can get hurt. This was just back in December. That they did not like him. Food for thought.
http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/reds...rk-cousins