Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings putting 2nd Round Tender on G/C Easton

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero 13m13 minutes ago
The #Vikings are putting a 2nd-round tender on G/C Nick Easton, source said. Started 12 games last season before he broke an ankle. Key piece of interior.
LIVE WELL ~ LOVE MUCH ~ LAUGH OFTEN

Sweet, shows good confidence in his development and health.  Now add Price and lock down the middle.  Hill and Remmers duke it out on the right side.

I really like this move.  To me, that's 4/5 of our OL set for next year.  We have some good depth (with HIll at OT and Isadora at OG), but we need a RT (esp. if they're going to keep Remmers at RG).  Frankly, I'd prefer to see Remmers at RT (and draft a replacement for him) and work at filling that RG spot with either a high draft pick... or Isadora.

He's a very solid OG with movement.

They didn't have much choice. With Sirles and Berger FA's.
I think that is to much money for Easton but maybe Rick didn't have a choice.

They had choices, Easton was the best one.  Not that that says a lot but they feel he's better than the other options and worthy of that tender shows they feel he's likely to hold his spot as a starter over the guys mentioned.  Need a RG asap then a good OT.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
He's a very solid OG with movement.
"Solid" is hardly a proper description of Easton.  But he is a very good guard... Wink

Hopefully, another team likes him enough to sign him and the Vikings will get a 2nd round pick!

What are the odds of that happening?

Slim and none.

The Vikings have tendered restricted free agent LG Nick Easton at the second-round level.
The tender is worth $2.914 million. A former UDFA, Easton was having a fairly rough 2017 on Case Keenum's left side before breaking his ankle. He turns 26 in June. Provided he's healthy, Easton should open 2018 with a starting job. He can also play center.

I would absolutely take a 2nd round pick for Easton.