Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Vikings plan to 'engage all agents for their QB options', FA QB Thread
Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero 1m1 minute ago
More
I’ll be on @nflnetwork all week with the #Vikings, who plan to engage agents for all their QB options — Kirk Cousins, Case Keenum, et al. — in negotiations after the window opens at 11 a.m. CT today, sources say. They want to let the market flesh out. Could happen quickly.

What does let the market flesh out mean? 

Go like hell after the guy you want and get it done...

[Image: engage_by_allergic_reputation-d5kxy2q.jpg]

hahaha

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

My guess is that it means at some point today, the Vikings are going to know exactly what it's going to take to sign Cousins, Bridgewater, Keenum and Bradford, and whatever QB2 they might be targeting for each option. 

They likely know what those numbers look like for each, and what their own top offer is, but they don't account for teams going nuts, counter offers, upping the ante, and the like. 

The Vikings are a very disciplined team financially, and it wouldn't surprise if me if they drop out of the Cousins thing if the money goes crazy. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

The Vikings are a very disciplined team financially, and it wouldn't surprise if me if they drop out of the Cousins thing if the money goes crazy. 
Totally agree. And I'm completely fine with that. But 'if the money goes crazy' might be subjective depending on desire.

Sounds like let's just say this because it's what we're supposed to say. Then we can move fast and get the guy we want and have been talking to all along. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Totally agree. And I'm completely fine with that. But 'if the money goes crazy' might be subjective depending on desire.
I am as well...But they better get the QB position filled with the best they can and yes being fiscally responsible.

To be coming off 13/3, one win from SB season and no QB is ridiculous. Only the Vikings...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

My guess is that it means at some point today, the Vikings are going to know exactly what it's going to take to sign Cousins, Bridgewater, Keenum and Bradford, and whatever QB2 they might be targeting for each option. 

They likely know what those numbers look like for each, and what their own top offer is, but they don't account for teams going nuts, counter offers, upping the ante, and the like. 

I'm hearing the Vikings are going to be very aggressive with their QB decision...  they want a decision from their Plan A today so they can begin talks with other free agents.  Makes sense since whoever they get at QB (and how much cap space that will take up this year) impacts how much money they will have to spend for other free agents.
Basically, the Vikings need to check off that QB box before they can do anything else.

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero
FollowingFollowing @TomPelissero
More
The #Vikings have stayed in touch on Sam Bradford, but he may have options, provided he can pass a physical. One team to watch: the #Bills. Good scheme fit and they have some interest, sources say. Case Keenum could be an option in Buffalo, too.