Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins will not make any visits
https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-viki...-116114462

Kirk Cousins is set to officially me a free man at the start of the league year as he searches for his new team, but it appears the courtship of his services may not be as extensive as one would think.
ESPN's Dianna Russini reports that Cousins will not be making any free agent visits and that teams will instead be putting together video recruiting pitches to him. She names the Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets and Arizona Cardinals as the three fighting the hardest for Cousins.
The Denver Broncos have had reported interest, but were not named in Russini's tweet.
(The Vikings are now in the offseason and it's time to build for a run in 2018 and beyond --Don't miss out on the action. Sign up for our FREE newsletter today!)
Teams can begin negotiating with Cousins as soon as the clock strikes midnight on Mar. 12 before the official start of free agency opens on Wednesday. Multiple media reports have pointed to the Vikings as the heavy favorites for his services.

And then there's this, lol:

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalkSource: Kirk Cousins hasn't finalized plans as to whether he'll take visits in free agency https://wp.me/p14QSB-ayxT 
Clear as mud!

#1 free agent...

This might be decided by EOB today.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
#1 free agent...

If Cousins is truly serious about playing for the 'best team', it will be over quickly. If not, then move quick on Keenum.

Their fall-back might be Bridgewater...Maybe a Bridgewater/veteran cast-off for insurance combo platter. 

"Hi, you've reached Kirk, i'm currently unavailable to make any free agent visits but if you leave your name and number i'll get back to you! Thanks!"

KFAN was reporting Cousins is making visits to NY, MN, Denver and maybe AZ too.  He said he won't sign until he's finished all the visits.  Who knows...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
#1 free agent...

thank god!!!  i dont hardly care buy can it please be over!!

Quote: @"Ilovebigtd's" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
#1 free agent...

If Cousins is truly serious about playing for the 'best team', it will be over quickly. If not, then move quick on Keenum.
god i hope we sign cousins if our fallback is keenum
Might be Teddy, not sure. I  have no idea what the team's pecking order really is. 

If I was any of the Vikes present, (or is it now previous?) QBs I would be ready to travel quickly.  Keenum should be in Denver already.