Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: DirecTV
I signed up with DirecTV last fall and my bill (including Sunday Ticket) was about $80. I agreed to a two year price lock deal, which I'd assume would mean for two years my bill would remain at that price. 

Then in January it raised to $88 with odd charges that really didn't seem to be anything accept made up fees just appearing. I called and after an hour they apologized and removed it from my bill.

Now I get my latest bill: $127.63. "Early" payments for Sunday Ticket. Which last year was part of my price lock guarantee. Fuck these cock suckers! Does anybody else have to fight with these guys? I'm calling tomorrow and I'm threatening their lives if they don't fix this shit.

they have been giving me an "I don't give a shit about you as a customer" attitude lately. My contract is up at the end of August, im just going to look for a place to stream Vikings games. 

We have been customers for about 16 years, you'd think they would want to keep us.

I'm kinda done with them too. With most networks I care to watch offering an over the top service, I'm sorely tempted to say goodbye to DTV. I just need to find a place to stream the games.

I dropped them in 2009, similar experience.   Lucky where we live we get great antenna and use Netflix / Amazon .  Forces me to socialize on game days, only down side, have to quit yelling at kids to get off my lawn and go somewhere. 

I'm done with DirecTV in October. Its just as expensive as cable. I find myself watching less TV and when I do, its Netflix related. HBO series. I look at my monthly bill and its like 'are you f$%^ing kidding me?' 

i used to get discounts every year with DirectV to help offset the cost of the Sunday Ticket. Usually something like $20 off per month for 12 months. Once AT&T took over, no more discounts. My bill went well over $100. The problem for me is if I go to the bar weekly, I will end up spending much more by the end of the year than what DierectV will rape me for. My contract is up next month. not sure of my next move. 

I cancelled DirecTV two weeks ago after being a customer for...a long time.  I live in a rural area (with cities/towns ten minutes away in either direction, and fiber two miles up the road as far as a VC's ranch, but our internet service here sucked.  Finally, I got a high speed wireless operator to connect me, and went from 2.5 mbps to 30+ mbps.  So far I've cancelled DirecTV and my local ripoff ISP, went with Sling TV (including the NFL Network), and am prepping to cancel my local phone company as well, and go with VoIP for the home and business.  The amount of money I will save annually will pay for a nice vacation for me and the trophy wife.

Oh, and the kicker?  When I went to try to cancel DirecTV, they offered to dump my price almost in half for 12 months.  You have to be willing to cancel and walk away.  They are betting that you won't.

Where I live cable isn't an option.  We started with dtv, and we're loyal for about 10 years,  but they raised the prices about 5% annually and we're always offering great deals for new customers and never any breaks for loyal customers so I called their retention. Dept and was offered a small break but nothing close to what they were giving rw customers so I said see you in 2 years and went to dish....and we've been back and forth a couple times now.

We are Att customers and they are offering a good bundle if we add dtv back but dish hasn't really pissed me off yet this time so I'm not sure I want to risk our grandfathered cell plan just to add dtv knowing we will likely drop it in 2 years again.

Dish aint much better...I am spending way too much $$ on satellite and the only time I get a productive reaction from Dish is when I am past their customer service and on to customer retention.

Going to really re-evaluate our tv purchases once GoT is over this Fall. 

• Its the same with any communications company, ( I work for one) and it pisses me off.  I do not know what it is that they will screw existing customer by not giving them any incentive to stay.  Yet they will wow new customers.  When someone signs up for the first time the company makes little if any profit on them because of the expenses to roll out the technician and all the work up to getting the service in.  When you have an existing customer the service is already there so no other costs to it other than writing the order for the new price which is minimal.  I have never understood it, it must be something in the way the bean counters work the money.