Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drew Brees to be available? But teams can't talk to him on Monday? Weird
I dont get it. What would be in his contract that no one can talk to him until Wed.? All other FA can begin talks Monday? Im sure he will stay in NO - but strange. Why is he so special in this situation? Can someone explain?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...on-monday/

Maybe some special provision in his contract?

Probably something in the contract, but I'd say the chances of him leaving New Orleans are almost nil. They're kind of an anomaly. A team on the rise with an aging QB. If they had drafted Brees' replacement recently, you could see it happening. Or if the Saints were a team on the decline. Brees is the key to them remaining in the hunt and there's no way they don't re-sign him. Brees will probably sign a very team friendly deal.

See, these are the kind of QBs we need. Brady, Brees. Guys who've been around so long, offensive coordinators adjust to THEM, not vice versa. Guys who are such a big part of the community that they wouldn't even conceive of leaving. And will take less money to help the team remain competitive, because they're smart enough to know its in their best interest. Until that dark day in August of '16, I believed Teddy would eventually be that kind of QB. 

Teams can talk to Brees' agent during the 2 day legal tampering period that starts Monday.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Surely the Saints franchise wouldn't try to bend rules or anything???

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@AGRforever said:
Surely the Saints franchise wouldn't try to bend rules or anything???
They are the most trustworthy and hold the most integrity in the league. 

id take drew brees on two year deal at whatever we would pay Cousins.  

we would be legit super bowl favorites. i can see brees looking to move too. sean payton trades top weapons Cooks and Graham. prob didnt help Brees. and Payton is a royal prick. love to screw him over

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
id take drew brees on two year deal at whatever we would pay Cousins.  

we would be legit super bowl favorites. i can see brees looking to move too. sean payton trades top weapons Cooks and Graham. prob didnt help Brees. and Payton is a royal prick. love to screw him over
I like the idea, would you look to draft QB early this year or next?  I want a guy ready to roll when Brees calls it quits.

Quote: @dadevike said:
Teams can talk to Brees' agent during the 2 day legal tampering period that starts Monday.
I guess Vikings have to do it the old fashion way with Illegal tampering on the down low....

Probably so the talking heads can speculate. I don't see him leaving New Orleans for a second.