Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Billy Price slide down to 30?
With his unfortunate partial Pec tear at the combine, will enough teams pass on him to fall all the way down to 30?

I didn't think we had any shot at getting him, but his misfortune might help us land one of the best interior lineman in the draft. 

I think he does. But then wasn't he slotted right at the end of round 1 even before the injury?

In earlier drafts he was, but more recently before the combine injury, he was in the 15=20 range pretty consistently in expert mocks. 

Yes it puts us in the garden spot for Price...but historically we've been a tough medical grade team...see Jonathan Vilma...

I don't think Price was a sure-fire 1st rounder even before the injury. With the injury, finding him at 30 should be pretty easy. Some nice chemistry there with Elflein I'd bet. I doubt the Vikings will mess with it, but I would favor putting Price at center and moving Elf over the right guard. 

Problem is, you still have a Remmers/Hill combo on the right. Both of whom are better than anything we've had there since Loady, but neither of whom is going to consistently seal off that right side in pass pro. 

All of this depends on whose available, but I think the Vikings probably take a RT over a similarly ranked G. 

McGlinchey in the first and Price in the 2nd.  Richardson in FA and Sam and Teddy compete for the QB spot...now onto OTAs.

I think Price will be there after watching so many stud defenders at The Combine this weekend.

His pectoral injury during bench press certainly did not help his stature.

I thought Connor Williams looked really good.  He showed a strong base and good feet with good bend and balance.  Not huge, but a lot of natural talent to work with.

I also liked Brian O'Neill, but not in The First.  Some of these guys are going to be good in a couple of years.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
McGlinchey in the first and Price in the 2nd.  Richardson in FA and Sam and Teddy compete for the QB spot...now onto OTAs.
Now you're reading my mind. Imagine that OL. Imagine that DL! Now, if only we lived in a wonderland where the two most talented QB options were are also the cheapest... PRESTO CHANGO! 

Too bad we don't run the team, Jimmy. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Now you're reading my mind. Imagine that OL. Imagine that DL! Now, if only we lived in a wonderland where the two most talented QB options were are also the cheapest... PRESTO CHANGO! 

Too bad we don't run the team, Jimmy. 
You guys would do fine, except for finding the right QB part.

I’d even go Bridgewater, Sloter.  and take care of our upcoming contracts.