Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy leaving? Soon to be followed by...
Zimmer calls Bradford's knee 'degenerative'                   
[Image: 5161.jpg]
Vikings coach Mike Zimmer characterized impending free agent Sam Bradford's knee as "degenerative."
Bradford played just two games because of a knee injury in 2017, and the second appearance was a tough-to-watch half in which he limped around the field. He is healthy right now -- he was active during the playoffs and Zimmer said he was skiing last week -- but it is fair to question how long that will last once he gets back on an NFL field. Even with several quarterback-needy teams in the market, Bradford might have to settle for an incentive-laden deal.                    
Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter                          Mar 1 - 10:20 AM

Well that changes everything, doesn't it? Really surprised Zimmer would say this on the eve of free agency. But I suspect this is probably information all teams already had. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Well that changes everything, doesn't it? Really surprised Zimmer would say this on the eve of free agency. But I suspect this is probably information all teams already had. 

Yup.  But I'm getting the feeling from the recent articles on Teddy and now this on Bradford that the Vikes may well be clearing any obstacles to land Cousins. 

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Yup.  But I'm getting the feeling from the recent articles on Teddy and now this on Bradford that the Vikes may well be clearing any obstacles to land Cousins. 
or thats what Rick wants you and everybody else to think.....  B)

meanwhile.... back at the hall of justice....( you have to use that voice to make that work)...... Rick is making reservations at Mannys for him Zim, G. Edwards,  and a unnamed DT to be named later for the first night of free agency.

Damn...Best arm currently on the team too. Well, at least the smoke is clearing a little bit. 

I'm not convinced that Cousins is that much better than Case.  He has a slightly better arm; may be a little more accurate; and may get rid of the ball a little quicker. But I think Case actually throws a better deep ball. Case is certainly better at avoiding a pass rush. And he is a real leader - I don't know about Cousins as a leader. 
And it's not that I am a huge fan of Case as a QB - although I do like him a lot as a teammate and person. 
The biggest advantage Cousins has over Case is that Case has only done it one year.  We are not sure he can repeat what he did last year. We are pretty sure Cousins can do what he has been doing now for 3 years.  Maybe that's enough.

WTF is it with our potential franchise QB’s and non contact injuries causing their knees to blow up. FFS

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
But I think Case actually throws a better deep ball.
Oh come on, now let's not go crazy. I agree that Cousins is getting way more hype than he's worth, but Keenum would need bionic surgery to get this or this much on his deep ball. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"dadevike" said:
But I think Case actually throws a better deep ball.
Oh come on, now let's not go crazy. I agree that Cousins is getting way more hype than he's worth, but Keenum would need bionic surgery to get this or this much on his deep ball. 
might scrape the roof to get it that far.  Smile

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
WTF is it with our potential franchise QB’s and non contact injuries causing their knees to blow up. FFS
Ask Nate Wright and Gary Anderson and Naufahu Tahi and Blair Walsh. Only they know.