Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Have Mancrush On Billy Price

I am sure they like him but they meet with a lot of players.

Easy to love ,  but they will never get a chance at him IMO,  he will be gone inside the top 25 and I doubt anybody trades up in the first for  interior OL.

I think he is in play for the Vikes. He could easily fall to the second round. 

He's who I want.  But I'm not holding my breath that he'll be available when our clock starts counting down

Quote: @dadevike said:
I think he is in play for the Vikes. He could easily fall to the second round. 
its possible,  there could be a run on O and D tackles,  QBs,  or some other stacked position and push some of these better players down to us,  but in a smart draft I think some team would grab him mid to late teens.  with the coin these QBs are making a strong OL to keep them vertical is essential.  How many more lombardis would gbay have if they had better OL for rogers?  a bad OL can completely negate a good/great QB,  but a good/great OL can make an average QB look much better than he is.   i think Case benefitted considerably by our OL this year, it wasnt (IMO) the bright lights that made him wilt,  it was the fact that our OL started to get dinged up and that created a mess in front of him and that made him nervous.

Cousins. Price. and draft defense the rest of the way out DT, CB, S, LB

Cousins and Cook in the backfield. Improved OL. Deeper defense. We are going to be right back in the thick of things again. 

Prefer a tackle, but Price would be such a great fit. 

Yeah, I'd prefer an OT, and kick Reiff or Remmers inside.  They're both okay players, but Reiff especially got exposed in the Eagles game.

I'll admit that Price would be tough to pass up.

Should be some good OL/DL options for us at #30.

Quote: @SmashmouthD said:
Yeah, I'd prefer an OT, and kick Reiff or Remmers inside.  They're both okay players, but Reiff especially got exposed in the Eagles game.

I'll admit that Price would be tough to pass up.

Should be some good OL/DL options for us at #30.
NO tackels in the league are going to look good against that philly D.  Reiff is just fine where he is at,  and Remmer isnt to bad at RT either,  how good of a G is Remmers actually?  I dont remeber him being spoken of that highly as a G.  I am not for drafting just any G early in the draft,  but with Price's position flexibility it would really make for a great addition to the team, couple that with his familiarity with Elflien and I think we have our CG combo for the next 10 years.

Elf C/G
Easton C/G
Andrews G/C
Isidora G
Reiff  L/R OT
Remmers R OT/G
Hill L/R OT
Sirles G/T
Aviante Collins L/R OT ( seems they were high on this kid werent they?)

There are a few more that may or may not make the team,  but we have some serious flexibility already,  but as we learned down the stretch this year,  more never hurts.