Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officer Body Cams 'Not Turned On' During Fatal Minneapolis Shooting
Why have them if their not going to use them.  Minneapolis Police are having a rough one.....

This time it's a Blonde 40 year old White lady, that called 911.

https://patch.com/minnesota/southwestmin...s-shooting

im waiting to hear the cops version of the story,  but this certainly doesnt sound good at this point from what I've read.  Have the police issued a statement?

It's not looking good so far but information is still pending. Strange situation especially about the body cams. 

Failure to have cameras on should be akin to refusal to a breathalyzer.  of course they are waiting to see of there are any videos before they release their "version".

Regarding the body camera's, from what I have heard, the officers were driving down the alley where the potential assault was committed.

Windows open, no sirens. Supposedly the deceased came up to the drivers window of the car and was shot in the chest. Dont know how long or if there was any conversation with the two officers in the car.

Is it possible she startled the officer and was shot? We dont know yet. 

Now since they were supposedly driving down the alley and not yet engaged with any potential perp's, it may not be unusual not to have the body cam rolling yet.

More details to come I'm sure. What a sad loss of a beautiful, young life Sad

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Regarding the body camera's, from what I have heard, the officers were driving down the alley where the potential assault was committed.

Windows open, no sirens. Supposedly the deceased came up to the drivers window of the car and was shot in the chest. Dont know how long or if there was any conversation with the two officers in the car.

Is it possible she startled the officer and was shot? We dont know yet. 

Now since they were supposedly driving down the alley and not yet engaged with any potential perp's, it may not be unusual not to have the body cam rolling yet.

More details to come I'm sure. What a sad loss of a beautiful, young life Sad
Dash cam vid then?

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Failure to have cameras on should be akin to refusal to a breathalyzer.  of course they are waiting to see of there are any videos before they release their "version".
They should be on from the start of the shift till the end of the shift.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@A1Janitor said:
They should be on from the start of the shift till the end of the shift.
I can't imagine a scenario where that wouldn't be a SOP for  a department with the cameras.

MPD Officer Who Shot Woman Identified As Mohamed Noor

Strange how all the groups that usually throw complete hissy fits about this sort of thing are now completely silent.

Wonder if that's because there's no way they can turn this into a racial issue.

Quote: @C.M. Funk said:
MPD Officer Who Shot Woman Identified As Mohamed Noor

Strange how all the groups that usually throw complete hissy fits about this sort of thing are now completely silent.

Wonder if that's because there's no way they can turn this into a racial issue.
give them time... once the officer is punished for at least a wrongful death ( i am assuming since the only story from him so far is condolences to her family) I am guessing that because he has a muslim sounding name ( possibly/likely not white?) that they will spin it around and say that because it was a white woman shot by a minority officer that is why there will be charges.