Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess we'll see if Cousins was telling the truth...
... about wanting to go to a winner:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...k-cousins/

I think it's a simple position for the Vikings:

"we have one of the best receiving duos in the league, a top-tier defense, a record of improvement, and a solid running game.  If you want to win more than you want top dollar, you should consider Minnesota.  If you just want the money, call the Jets".

Quote: @"Zanary" said:

"we have one of the best receiving duos in the league, a top-tier defense, a record of improvement, and a solid running game.  If you want to win more than you want top dollar, you should consider Minnesota.  If you just want the money, call the Jets".
Exactly.  He has a pretty good tight end too.

Cousins is a fucking moron if he goes to the Jets with that front office. That's a career ender.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
@"Zanary" said:

Exactly.  He has a pretty good tight end too.
Hey now... Lets stay on topic!

If Cousins was telling the truth about wanting to win then the Jets would be further away than the Vikings by a long shot.

Look at their receivers.  Robby Anderson, Jermaine Kearse, Quincy Enunwa, Ardarius Stewart.
Look at their backs.  Forte, Elijah McGuire, Jahad Thomas.
Look at their tight ends. Austin Sefarin-Jenkins (whose a free agent), Eirc Tomlinson.
Look at their line.  Well, no need to look their as it is not better than the Vikings.

Their defense is not as good and they may cut Wilkerson.

The J-E-T-S are DESPERATE!

If this is the case, he is looking at winner as in the biggest possible payday. He is looking for a bidding war. 

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
Cousins is a fucking moron if he goes to the Jets with that front office. That's a career ender.
Hes going to make $150m+ theres nothing moronic about any of that. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"KingBash" said:
Hes going to make $150m+ theres nothing moronic about any of that. 
well.... if you are looking at making 30+ from Denver,  28+ from Minny,  or 31 or 32+ from NY..... which one do you pick?  Me personally, I would say 28 or 32 is still a shit ton of money each year and I am going with the team that is most likely to make me a SB MVP candidate and all the potential endorsement money that can come from that... or go to NY and spend my next 5 years trying to figure out a way out of NY.  It would take a moron to go to NY when the money is nearly the same.  Denver or Minny should be the front runners even if they arent willing to spend stupidly.

We have the cap room this year to front load his contract for about 36 million the first year and 24-28 the remaining years. That will allow us to wait on Hunter, Kendricks, and Diggs till after this season as they all are under contract through this year at least.

If you want Kirk, I think he would be willing to listen to a deal with 36 or so upfront so he can help the team keep its players following 2018. That will give you a big money QB with help on the cap after the first year. We have the cap room this year to do so. We wont in 2019