Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Vikings won’t use Franchise Tag to solve quarterback situation

This is very premature considering they haven't finished their personnel meetings yet. 

Unless I mis-read it, it said we won't be using the Franchise Tag.  What about the transition tag?

If that is the case, then they are not interested in Case at all.

I don't believe anything I read right now....every year its rumorfest this time of year and 90% of it turns out to be complete garbage. 

Quote: @Canthony said:
how could you read it as that?  it just means they arent interested in Case at 22 million or whatever.  there is still a transition tag,  or even just a nice contract extension.  hard to read into anything from this IMO.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
how could you read it as that?  it just means they arent interested in Case at 22 million or whatever.  there is still a transition tag,  or even just a nice contract extension.  hard to read into anything from this IMO.
Teams almost never use the transition tag. I doubt the Vikings will. If there's any truth to this, this is either very good news for Case, or very bad news. It either means they intend to sign him to a multi-year contract (they would have to because other teams will be willing to offer that), or he's not in their plans at all. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
Teams almost never use the transition tag. I doubt the Vikings will. If there's any truth to this, this is either very good news for Case, or very bad news. It either means they intend to sign him to a multi-year contract (they would have to because other teams will be willing to offer that), or he's not in their plans at all. 
If he is in their plans or is even their backup plan the transition tag might play.  They can let somebody else set the market and just match it and maybe save some money,  but if he isn't in their plans then no,  only lose a conditional pick if they use the tag.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
Exactly, and I have a hard believing Zimmer wants to extend him long term. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
I wish I could like this 2 times, no 6 times, hell 20 times!!! Wheres the damn eye roll emoji. 

Nothing against u, bud.