Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASIDE FROM QB - Your Top 2 UFA Wishes
We've got plenty of QB discussion elsewhere. What other players would be good additions - not just big names but under-the-radar guys? Mine:

RT Cameron Fleming, age 25, Patriots - would let Remmers play RG and give us bookend OTs. Pats won't go overboard to retain him.

S Terrence Brooks, 26, Jets - Yeah, Andrew Sendejo is fine, but I think this defense would be incredible with a safety who had great range and covered like an extra CB. Brooks will not be expensive but could be a great career-resuscitation project for Zimmer and Jerry Gray.

I like these players (the number after their position is their age) ...

Nickell Robey-Coleman CB 26  The Vikings brought him in for a visit last year and could be interested again
Ross Cockrell CB 27
Aaron Colvin CB 26

Weston Richburg C 27
Jack Mewhort G 26
Matt Paradis C 28
Ryan Jensen C 27

Eric Reid S 26
Tre Boston S 26

DaQuon Jones DT 26
Beau Allen DT 26
Jay Bromley DT 26

Aaron Lynch DE 26
Kareem Martin DE 26  The Vikings brought him in for a pre-draft visit
Kony Ealy DE 26

Todd Davis LB 25

Tre Burton TE 26

Caleb Sturgis K 29

Andrew Norwell, G - Carolina

Sheldon Richardson

Quote: @dadevike said:
Andrew Norwell, G - Carolina
I expect we will read something soon about him signing an extension.

They only really need to sign him and Star Lotulelei.  The rest of their free agents can walk or get small deals.

They have about 15 mil in cap space now without adjusting any contracts (like Cam Newton and possibly Greg Olsen).

Ryan Kalil stated that this upcoming year will be his last.  He has a cap hit of 9.654 mil and if they let him go they save 6.875 mil.

He has missed 18 games the last two years too.

I think the odds are very high that they let him go early or ask him to take a huge pay cut with per game incentives.

They can give Norwell a Kevin Zeitler type deal of 5 year 60 mil with a 12 mil signing bonus and a 1mil first year salary.

The cap hit would be 3.4 mil.

How can they NOT extend their best free agent who is only 25 years old and just made All Pro?

If he was on the Vikings we all would want them to extend him.

In 2019 they can also cut Matt Kalil and save 5.7 mil in cap space but take a dead money cap hit of 7.2 mil.

He may not be worth 10.9 mil in cash in 2019.

Andrew Norwell is not going to hit the free agent market unless Carolina has completely lost their minds.

Flemming/Mewhort/Norwell any 1 or two of them.  Wouldn't mind a clear cut upgrade to UT or safety either.  Other than that they are doing pretty well.

Singing a top notch interior OL would really allow them to go BPA in the draft to build talent overall.

OL is my priority outside of QB-Cook, QB, and the whole offense would improve with better blocking, it's still barely average but masked by Case running around.

I like your priorities @MarkSP18

I think you _always_ need to bring in CB talent when you have someone like Rhodes on the team if you want an effective secondary without breaking the bank.

And after that, offensive line improvement is most important.

I don't get to involved in lengthy studies of other teams players, but I have like Kony Ealy for a while.  Saw he was going to be available and I thought he would make good depth at DE.

About three months ago I got on the Richardson bandwagon so no need to change now...interior pressure from the 3t makes this D even better...2nd choice, and I'll be banging this drum solo, is Terrell Pryor... Assuming his medical checks out, I think he could be the big body, stretch the field, our Alshon Jeffrey piece to the puzzle...that is unless Josh Gordon hits the market...love Theilen, Diggs is great when healthy, but we'll never get 16 games out of him...

Draft the best OL at 30, Rashaad Penny at 60, and Marcus Allen at 90...

Please hold your applause...

*mic drop*

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
About three months ago I got on the Richardson bandwagon so no need to change now...interior pressure from the 3t makes this D even better...2nd choice, and I'll be banging this drum solo, is Terrell Pryor... Assuming his medical checks out, I think he could be the big body, stretch the field, our Alshon Jeffrey piece to the puzzle...that is unless Josh Gordon hits the market...love Theilen, Diggs is great when healthy, but we'll never get 16 games out of him...

Draft the best OL at 30, Rashaad Penny at 60, and Marcus Allen at 90...

Please hold your applause...

*mic drop*
How much do you think Richardson wants and will get offered in free agency?

spotrac guessed his market value is 5 year 59.978 mil.

Brandon Williams got a 5 yr 52.5 mil deal last year.

Seattle also traded a 2nd round pick and Jermaine Kearse to get him last year. 

Hard to see them not being able to keep him.

They would need to make some cap moves (trading Sherman or Thomas or cutting Duane Brown).

Maybe a player like Muhammad Wilkerson will get cut and be available?

I would not draft a running back in the 2nd round.  Not with Cook and Murray already here.

They can pick up a veteran free agent for cheap.