Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time To Move Treadwell?
ESPN Vikings reporter Courtney Cronin thinks Minnesota "could be proactive this offseason" and shop Laquon Treadwell via trade.
The 23rd overall pick in the 2016 draft, Treadwell has not gotten his NFL career off the ground with just 21 catches for 215 scoreless yards in two seasons. He hasn't been able to crack the starting lineup behind studs Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs, and Jarius Wright is a more natural No. 3 man. If the Vikings did trade 22-year-old Treadwell, they wouldn't net more than a late-rounder.
Source: ESPN.comFeb 14 - 11:22 AM

Not a fan of selling low...

Who would want him? And why? If 'shopping' him is new slang for cutting his ass, then I agree. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Who would want him? And why? If 'shopping' him is new slang for cutting his ass, then I agree. 
It must be a slow news cycle. They are trolling us for click bait. 

O for dumb.

Buy High Sell Low, sound business practice....

Better than buy high, cut him for nothing

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Not a fan of selling low...
One could easily argue that his value will never be higher. I trade him. You can still get something for him. But you wait a year, two? With Diggs and Thielen cemented in place, chances are pretty good that his value goes down, not up. 

Quote: @NodakViking said:
Buy High Sell Low, sound business practice....
Yeah, but if you do it enough times, you may lose money on each trade but you'll make it up in volume! Wink

I could go back and forth on this one. It's hard to convince me the Vikings are going to eat money to deal him with no guarantee Jarius Wright is going to return. It would be an entirely different discussion during camp when you'd save $1.3M by moving him.

A player for player swap for someone like Eli Apple makes more sense than moving him for a pick. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I could go back and forth on this one. It's hard to convince me the Vikings are going to eat money to deal him with no guarantee Jarius Wright is going to return. It would be an entirely different discussion during camp when you'd save $1.3M by moving him.

A player for player swap for someone like Eli Apple makes more sense than moving him for a pick. 
Not a bad idea with Apple.  What happened to the other idea?  Corey Coleman for Treadwell?  Smile