Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*sigh* What Might Have Been

13/3 after losing RB & QB1

Man, I thought the stars were aligning for us, especially with the SB in our home stadium. Then (of course) the football gods pulled the football away. 

Anyways, sorry for the sidebar Barr. Looking forward to getting this kid back. I really thought we had a budding OROY on our hands too.

If Cook had remained healthy, it's very easy to imagine we would have been just enough better to beat Carolina or Detroit...then we would have hosted the Eagles for the NFCCG...
But "what if" is a dangerous road. Murray and McKinnon were big contributors to several victories, and who can say those events would break the same way if they had been spending most of the year on the bench?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
13/3 after losing RB & QB1

Man, I thought the stars were aligning for us, especially with the SB in our home stadium. Then (of course) the football gods pulled the football away. 

Anyways, sorry for the sidebar Barr. Looking forward to getting this kid back. I really thought we had a budding OROY on our hands too.

Actually no QB1 and QB 2-depending on how you look at it.  But going into the season if they presumed Teddy to be ready at some point he would have been over Case-though Case played good enough to not let that happen he was considered the 3rd option before that.  Everyone presumed/expected Sam to be the starter until Teddy was healthy at which point they would be 1 and 2 and Case would be 3.

Zimmer and Shurmur did a great job and the back ups stepped up(McKinnon too), hopefully it's a sign of the talent and depthe they have acquired and coached up.