Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its amazing what a loss does.
A month ago most on here were and around the media were really starting to take notice to how young and well built this team was....now we dont even make the top 5 franchises with the possibility of becoming a dynasty.  even though every other team but the iggles season ended the same way as ours.  for some reason the Vikings accomplishments seem to be forgotten.  Did our team really get "exposed" in philly,  or was it just  one of those games.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/5-t...a9I#page=6

also this time last year the conversation was about how blessed this team was to have 2 franchise level QBs in Sam and Teddy when so many other franchises have none.  last fall it was an "embarrassment of riches"  as it appeared to some that we now had 3 guys that the team could lean on going forward.  Yes Sam had another knee injury,  but it sounds that it wasnt anything to worry about,  Teddy is actually back and practicing full time and ready to go,  and although I never went full into the hype surrounding Case,  he is a guy that can at least drive the car in the slow lane and get us places however now it sounds like all we have is shit and the team has no chance unless we go nuts and sign somebody elses shiny free agent that although he has question marks of his own.... he has to be better than what we have.    

this isnt about cousins,  but how did our own guys fall out of favor so fast, especially Teddy who hasnt had a chance to even show if hes good, bad,  or other?  I think only 1 or 2 mentioned cousins all year,  but as soon as Case couldnt deliver in philly the Vikings QB bandwagon got awfully empty and the cousins train seems to be the only one on the track.  

I just find it interesting how 1 game can have such a profound affect on peoples moods.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

Well, things in Cleveland are ‘looking up’, & they had 16Wink B)

Yep, its science: high expectations + bitter defeat + time to obsess afterwards = disgruntled fans that go with the changing wind directions. At least when you don't have a QB. Which Minnesota never seems to have for longer than a year or two without injury or controversy. 

So the new formula upcoming will be: Viking's name starting QB + differing factions of who they wanted from fans + predictions of gloom/pessimism because of it = another offseason of doubt and uncertainty at the most important position in the NFL. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
A month ago most on here were and around the media were really starting to take notice to how young and well built this team was....now we dont even make the top 5 franchises with the possibility of becoming a dynasty.  even though every other team but the iggles season ended the same way as ours.  for some reason the Vikings accomplishments seem to be forgotten.  Did our team really get "exposed" in philly,  or was it just  one of those games.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/5-t...a9I#page=6

also this time last year the conversation was about how blessed this team was to have 2 franchise level QBs in Sam and Teddy when so many other franchises have none.  last fall it was an "embarrassment of riches"  as it appeared to some that we now had 3 guys that the team could lean on going forward.  Yes Sam had another knee injury,  but it sounds that it wasnt anything to worry about,  Teddy is actually back and practicing full time and ready to go,  and although I never went full into the hype surrounding Case,  he is a guy that can at least drive the car in the slow lane and get us places however now it sounds like all we have is shit and the team has no chance unless we go nuts and sign somebody elses shiny free agent that although he has question marks of his own.... he has to be better than what we have.    

this isnt about cousins,  but how did our own guys fall out of favor so fast, especially Teddy who hasnt had a chance to even show if hes good, bad,  or other?  I think only 1 or 2 mentioned cousins all year,  but as soon as Case couldnt deliver in philly the Vikings QB bandwagon got awfully empty and the cousins train seems to be the only one on the track.  

I just find it interesting how 1 game can have such a profound affect on peoples moods.
You should check out the internet message boards...

Sometimes it’s about HOW you lose...

Our D gave up 64 points in 6 quarters(7 of those came in the last minute of the 3rd vs the taints so really it’s 64 points in a little over 76 minutes.... and what?   ..about a billion yards?   So yeah,,,, being a defensive minded person... that sucked and I’m not really sure what we have once a player leaves the field.  Was is scheme or was it players?   Vikings ended the regular season tied for the best record in the NFL.  That’s great.... until your need to win to continue to play.  Then it’s wash rinse repeat for the last 40+ years...

No Soup(er Bowl) FOR YOU!  

I just wonder how many people move so quickly in real life... they are in love with a girl, ready to marry the girl... and then she farts... its over.

I just wonder how many people move so quickly in real life... they are in love with a girl, ready to marry the girl... and then she farts... its over.
Lol, maybe she sharted!  Wink

Ummmm....   remember you started this comparison... :o

Nope... gonna kee it clean.    :p.  

Just know it was gross.   =)

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
Ummmm....   remember you started this comparison... :o

Nope... gonna kee it clean.    :p.  

Just know it was gross.   =)
with you there never was any doubt. Wink

If you are into comparisons, the 'girl' in question has left us all at the altar in the worst manner possible multiple times. She's not trustworthy. We continue to forgive and come back each time...some quicker than others, shame on us. Its not really a love affair, its a long-term love/hate relationship. The biggest problem is she's not even an ex-wife, because we've never actually gotten married once. 

Your comparison is weak because it doesn't take into consideration the 50+ years of heartbreak and ultimate heart-wrenching breakups EVERY time.