Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Edwards out as Viking's defensive coordinator
Alex Marvez‏Verified account @alexmarvez 1m1 minute ago
More
Source tells @SportingNews that George Edwards will not be returning to @Vikings as defensive coordinator

JFC, lol.

More
CORRECTION: George Edwards is returning as @Vikings defensive coordinator. I misread text message. APOLOGIES

Alex Marvez‏Verified account @alexmarvez 3m3 minutes ago
More
Alex Marvez Retweeted DraftBlaster
Haha. Misinterpreted a message. Again, apologies for causing some folks a minor heart-attack.
Alex Marvez added,
DraftBlaster @draftblasterReplying to @alexmarvez @Vikingsreally? a journalist that corrects little mistakes out in the open? Mistakes that are just inevitable in the 24/7 news cycle? There is hope, afterall!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
JFC, lol.

More
CORRECTION: George Edwards is returning as @Vikings defensive coordinator. I misread text message. APOLOGIES
A free tip for Alex.  If you read something unexpected or controversial, take a breath and reread it.  The desire to be first kills accuracy.

That said, kudos for the apology.

Hell I thought he already left, at half time of the Saints game!  Wink B)

Let’s not kid ourselves.  Mike Zimmer is effectively the Vikings defensive coordinator.  Not sure many fans could pick George out of a lineup.  He is that rarely seen or heard from.

If he was really the brains behind the NFL’s #1 defense, wouldnt he have been interviewed by even one team who needed a head coach?

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
Let’s not kid ourselves.  Mike Zimmer is effectively the Vikings defensive coordinator.  Not sure many fans could pick George out of a lineup.  He is that rarely seen or heard from.

If he was really the brains behind the NFL’s #1 defense, wouldnt he have been interviewed by even one team who needed a head coach?
The Bears interviewed him. Zimmer calls the defense and has his hands all over it. But at its core, Edwards is the one putting together the game plans. 

I was like wtf

When pages load on this site they do right in the middle of the thread and not the beginning 
I was thinking Zim just threw him under the bus
Glad it was false

Me too Maple.

I figured Edwards was going to be the fall guy for a disgraceful D performance vs Philly...