Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl begs the question
Is Nick Foles now a franchise QB? Or is he, like Case Keenum, the beneficiary of a very good offensive scheme and a top notch supporting cast? With Carson Wentz coming back, do the Eagles now move the Super Bowl MVP back to #2 or are they going to be tempted to trade Foles (like Bradford before him, they could probably get a very high pick in return). That sucks for us, as we try to keep pace, but it does make me wonder about his true talent, and how important it is to have a "franchise" QB vs. a stacked team around a merely "capable" QB. 

I think he is similar to Case.  A serviceable QB that benefited from a great offense.  That play calling was incredible IMO.  Teams didn't have much film on Foles and the Eagles used that to their advantage.  Taking the bye week to revamp their offense around Foles, really changing it up against the Vikings and then again against the Patriots. 

Fowles will not be content on being a #2 to a still very young Wentz.

Guess you can win with the Philly model or superstar @ QB like Brady

Might it give the Vikings pause to think harder about Keenum? 

The scarcity of Vikings QB talk should pick-up considerably with a new Viking OC probably being named in the next 5-10 business days.

I wonder that very same thing, MB. 

I believe I read the Eagles are already almost 3  million over the cap for  next   year no way can they keep foles

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I see that. It's funny. I think we're all now wondering the same thing. My thoughts on this are slightly different than they were just two days ago. Man, it's so convoluted and hard to unravel. Rick Spielman's head is probably swimming. It's like Winston Churchill said, "it's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key." 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:
I see that. It's funny. I think we're all now wondering the same thing. My thoughts on this are slightly different than they were just two days ago. Man, it's so convoluted and hard to unravel. Rick Spielman's head is probably swimming. It's like Winston Churchill said, "it's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key." 
Well, if we're going with enigma and Churchill references, then we'd better hope RS has an Alan Turing on staff...

I don't think Foles got enough credit.  I know that I thought he was a bum, when he first took over for Wentz.  But having seen the throws he's made this post-season (helped by an excellent offensive coordinator / gameplan), he's definitely a starter in this league.  He's better than Case- hands down.  I imagine I would put him on the same level as Cousins: not a "super-star", but definitely capable of "leading" (ACTUALLY leading, not just playing the position and relying on the team around him) his team to wins.

Foles has the arm talent to make all the throws for sure,.Pumf. Really did a good job of going through his progressions well during their Playoff run. Sneaky good at moving around in the pocket too.

No question in my mind that he's better than Case simply because of that arm. Got Keenum's moxie factor too.

Quote: @pumpf said:
I don't think Foles got enough credit.  I know that I thought he was a bum, when he first took over for Wentz.  But having seen the throws he's made this post-season (helped by an excellent offensive coordinator / gameplan), he's definitely a starter in this league.  He's better than Case- hands down.  I imagine I would put him on the same level as Cousins: not a "super-star", but definitely capable of "leading" (ACTUALLY leading, not just playing the position and relying on the team around him) his team to wins.
Yes, I thought Philly was done without Wentz.  But Foles is a vet and has started in the NFL.  Not a superstar, but definitely a solid starting QB in the right offense.  That said, the real MVP is the offensive game plan.