Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings #1 on Cousins list

I would be most comfortable of getting back to where we were heading into the season with Cousins. Sure I would have concerns - mostly $$ and unknown on how new coordinator will perform, but our in-house options all have concerns.

This is pretty obvious without even knowing any source.  If his quotes are sincere then the Vikings are the team best situated to win now and for at least a few more years.

All 3 of the other QBs come with questions about can they this or can they that?

Cousins does not come with any questions because he has 3 years of tape and 48 straight starts to put up.

It would be a crime if the Vikings passed on this gift from the football Gods.

why would the skins just keep dumping a legit QB? something isn't right with this kid... but if he would sign for a decent deal that allows us to keep the team together, go for it. We NEED to be able to keep the team together. Diggs, Barr, EK54, Hunter, etc... Cousins is only as good as those around him, so if he will sign for a team friendly deal so he can WIN? go for it. If he wants Stafford $$$ let him go blowup some other team. I'd rather have the core for 4-5 years and find a legit QB to develop or stick with a Teddy/Case than waste the core for this guy.
But isn't this posturing done every offseason? go to that town, say you love their team? Say you'll sign a good deal... c'mon.

No thanks. 

It certainly is intriguing my only concern would be losing other playmakers.  Spielman and Brez are pretty good at putting contracts together, sure would like to see them work some magic here.

if the offers are similar... thats quite a qualifier.

lots of variables go into "similar"  from cost of living, environment, contract size, duration, guaranteed money.... lots of things here. 

I would not be surprised to hear him say that considering most other superbowl ready teams have their QB.  ( I could see the Steelers get into the QB market fairly soon though)  so why wouldnt he say that Minny is at the top considering we dont have a QB for next year,  have cap space,  and have a fair amount of young talent to keep the window open for a few years.

I also have to think that it Florio that sent PA that nugget.  They are buds and Florio would have both PA cell and the access to Cousins.

I think Cousins is a bit more real than most staring NFL QBs, but anything said during a contract period is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Nep Snyder is an idiot. Period. He was pissed that the 4th Rounder outplayed the guy he gave up a ton of picks to getman's refused to sign him long term.

Don't project that ineptitude of one of the historically worst owners the NFL had seen in ages until that moron bought the Browns on to Cousins.

Cousins has performed pretty well for being on trams without much around him.  I am not sure who he pissed off in Washington but they have a mental block with him.  

he would solve the QB issue for 5 years which is about how long our window could stay open.