Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take-Away's from Wilf's sit-down with Media...
Minnesota Vikings co-owner Mark Wilf took a break from helping host the Super Bowl on Wednesday to chat with the Twin Cities media. Here are some of the highlights:
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...own-media/

As far as catch rule goes,  i think if you have to maintain control through the ground to have a touchdown.  Then you must maintain possession til down in the end zone on any play not just put the ball over the line them pull it back. 

Quote: @SDCAVIKESFAN said:
As far as catch rule goes,  i think if you have to maintain control through the ground to have a touchdown.  Then you must maintain possession til down in the end zone on any play not just put the ball over the line them pull it back. 
I've been saying that all along.  I think the rules should be the same at all places on the field.  The whistle ends a play and the play should end when a player is down by the same standards.  I hate that a runner can stretch his arm out and then lose the ball for a TD.

Quote: @SDCAVIKESFAN said:

But what would you do if the runner was never tackled?  How would you know when to stop the play and when to call it a touchdown?  Do they have to get tackled in the end zone or run out of bounds in the end zone?  That doesn't seem very football like.  Do they have to get back to touching the ball to the actual ground like in rugby?