Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else got a gut feeling the Vikings QB is going to be Teddy?
Not that I think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Just a growing sense I have as time goes on...

Assumes of course the staff is comfortable with him health wise. I just don't see signing Cousins as the "Vikings Way" and I believe they'd love to go with a draft pick who will cost them less $$ too. 

Deflippio and Foles anyone?

Cousins is a good fit in AZ and that's the scuttle but I hear here from some fans and radio people.

I think it would take something special for the Vikings to let Teddy walk out the door. You don't stick with a player like they did unless they truly have some belief he can still be "the guy". Look how Sharrif Floyd fell off the radar after his injury. 

Is Cousins that special talent that makes the feel comfortable letting him walk? I don't know. But until we know that I think Teddy makes a lot of sense if you're picking between him, Keenum, and Bradford. I think they'd still try to bring back one of the other two and at worse bring in a veteran backup capable of starting. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I think it would take something special for the Vikings to let Teddy walk out the door. You don't stick with a player like they did unless they truly have some belief he can still be "the guy". Look how Sharrif Floyd fell off the radar after his injury. 

Is Cousins that special talent that makes the feel comfortable letting him walk? I don't know. But until we know that I think Teddy makes a lot of sense if you're picking between him, Keenum, and Bradford. I think they'd still try to bring back one of the other two and at worse bring in a veteran backup capable of starting. 
The Vikings are loyal and stubborn to a fault.  They held onto Ponder for all 4 years.  They refused to trade Jared Allen and let him get the last year of his deal which carried a cap hit of 17.1 mil when they knew Griffen was ready to play.

They are too emotionally attached to Teddy.

How many athletes that suffered a dislocated knee and ligament tears recovered fully and were able to get back to their pre-injury playing form?  Dustin Keller and Marcus Lattimore could not.

Is Teddy going to be the rare case?

Spielman and Zimmer had better be right.  Teddy and Sloter next year is not very comforting at all.  Signing a veteran backup similar to Shaun Hill is not going to make things better.

If Teddy does not get back to his old form which still needed much improvement, then I think that it may be time to get new leadership.

This QB decision needs to be the right one, that's the bottom line. It needs to produce results. Wins.

I can't help but think Keenum's success was a perfect storm of the right OC drawing the maximum performance out of a never was QB...I have zero faith that Bradford could put up 16 starts...sooooooo...Yeah I think Teddy could be the guy...but as I type this I've gone back and forth 15 times on that...

I think Keenum was playing above his means this year and not sure any team would see him perform like that again.
I guess I would go with Teddy out of the 3 as Bradford wont stay on the field. Proven that yet again. I don't even know if Teddy can be the guy and how will he bounce back. So many questions this off season.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

The Vikings are loyal and stubborn to a fault.  They held onto Ponder for all 4 years.  They refused to trade Jared Allen and let him get the last year of his deal which carried a cap hit of 17.1 mil when they knew Griffen was ready to play.

They are too emotionally attached to Teddy.

How many athletes that suffered a dislocated knee and ligament tears recovered fully and were able to get back to their pre-injury playing form?  Dustin Keller and Marcus Lattimore could not.

Is Teddy going to be the rare case?

Spielman and Zimmer had better be right.  Teddy and Sloter next year is not very comforting at all.  Signing a veteran backup similar to Shaun Hill is not going to make things better.

If Teddy does not get back to his old form which still needed much improvement, then I think that it may be time to get new leadership.
There are instances that go both ways when it comes down to recovering from a dislocated knee. The mental barriers seem to outweigh the physical limitations. So you wouldn't really know what you have until he gets on the field. 

I'd agree that there have been times the Vikings have been stubborn. Ponder was one of those times. Jared Allen I'd disagree on since they wouldn't have gotten any value for him. 

If they signed a veteran backup if would not be Sean Hill. It would be someone that could start if needed. McCown if he does not return to NY, Fitzpatrick, etc.. 

Hundley should be available to back-up too  Wink