Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some good Senior Bowl scuttlebutt
--Sean Payton high on Mayfield
--Mayfield already pissing off some by showing up late and missing the measurements, may or may not play in the game. 
--Mason Rudolph will not play due to injury

Dallas Goedert is said to be the best TE at the Senior Bowl, but I'm more excited to watch Adam Breneman from UMass. Really like how he profiles. He may never be a star, but I think he'll play 10 years in the NFL. 

https://twitter.com/search?q=senior+bowl&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

https://www.ndtscouting.com/solak-five-t...weigh-ins/

Is Mayfield a Manziel with actual talent? Wink

I would love to see the Vikes get Goedert, but I think our 1st round is a tad high,  but I am sure he will be gone by our 2nd.   after losing our 1st last year and our 4th this year,  we really cant afford to be packaging picks and moving up so either grab him in the first or trade down if possible.

on a side note,  anybody think this years draft should just be held in Cleveland,   think of all the draft picks that wouldnt have to fly to their new cities..
6 picks in the first 3 rounds... thats the kind of shit that would give a new GM wood... until he realizes that he is GM of the Browns so its all likely in vain.

A little tidbit from my end: Pay attention to Western Kentucky QB Mike White who is down there. The Vikings spent more time than usual around Western Kentucky earlier this fall to get a good look at him. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I would love to see the Vikes get Goedert, but I think our 1st round is a tad high,  but I am sure he will be gone by our 2nd.   after losing our 1st last year and our 4th this year,  we really cant afford to be packaging picks and moving up so either grab him in the first or trade down if possible.

on a side note,  anybody think this years draft should just be held in Cleveland,   think of all the draft picks that wouldnt have to fly to their new cities..
6 picks in the first 3 rounds... thats the kind of shit that would give a new GM wood... until he realizes that he is GM of the Browns so its all likely in vain.
I'm interested to see which way Goedert's stock moves as the draft process hits full gear. He isn't a very explosive athlete but does a lot of the little things right. Some may see that as a positive, others as a negative. I could see the Vikings becoming interested in SC TE Hayden Hurst. He fits what they're looking for in a move TE complimentary to Rudy. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
A little tidbit from my end: Pay attention to Western Kentucky QB Mike White who is down there. The Vikings spent more time than usual around Western Kentucky earlier this fall to get a good look at him. 
What is  the   general   thoughts   the  buzz  on Mike white  I have  never  heard of him?

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
What is  the   general   thoughts   the  buzz  on Mike white  I have  never  heard of him?
I've only watched pieces of a few games so I don't have a comprehensive scouting report. So more to come later. But high level he is a good fit in a west coast offense. Good football IQ and strong in the pocket. Arm strength is a bit of a question but hopefully the senior bowl will help put that to rest. No team has a draft board at this point, but he could go as early as the 2nd round if he shows well. 

What about the UCF quarterback? He looked like a man amongst boys.

Quote: @Max said:
What about the UCF quarterback? He looked like a man amongst boys.
Quinton Flowers? He isn't an NFL QB. Likely a 7th round or UDFA that gets a chance at QB but ends up moving to either DB or RB. 

Will Hernandez has looked pretty good today!  He looks pretty strong and has started 49 games at left guard for UTEP.

Would look good in purple!