Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those saying "I'm done" consider this...
First off let me ask you jumpers this: how many wins did you expect going into this year really??  How many wins after Bradford limped off in Chicago??

I had them anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 if everything went right.  And I mean EVERYTHING went right.

So be thankful.  We had our 2nd best record ever.  Keenum and the defense kicked ass.  We were 29th in defense years ago when Zim took over.  Now we are a top 5 defense with our biggest UFA being 33 year old Tom Johnson.  I have faith in the coaching staff and think we'll be just fine.  Losing McKinnon sucks but no way we are paying him what he is going to command.  

Bottom line is if you truly are a fan, you don't quit on this team and post ridiculous "im done" posts.  You stick with them.  You realize how young we are.  The coaches we have.  And you be thankful you had a blast cheering for them this season when we expected a mediocre season.  Hell, when Bradford went down I had friends thinking 5-11....13-3, everyone important back, great staff, and a solid draft we are back in this next season.  Our biggest dilemna is QB which I think Zim and Spielman will figure.  

2018 starts now.  Scouts in Mobile, AL.

Draft 2 OL, DT, CB, WR (assuming we cut ties with Wright, Floyd, and possiblly Treadwell), RB and possibly QB/TE....

Til then, SKOL and 2018 is our season!

I'm not jumping ship after 51 seasons but no longer will be a rah rah type for the team.  I'll simply hope for the best and plan for the worst.  And give a hearty congrats if they prove me wrong (finally).

We lose our #1 running back and #1 QB and still win the NFC North, get a first round bye and make it to the NFC Championship game. 

I think there are a few teams worse off.

I said before, the only thing to remember is that we're not gonna win it all. Just enjoy the ride. 

KB we will win one eventually.  Whether it's next year or 10 years from now we will....

After 0-4 and then all the big losses in the modern era I dont get too worked up about the big gmae losses unless they lay down or lose from stupidity, refs or the other team cheating.

I am pretty happy with the season overall.  How can you not be?  

Only one team can win the big one.  If you are so upset or that letdown that you cant see the greatness of the season and how hard they fought, then maybe you need a better perspective.

I was never really "all-in", so I'm not in a mental place that has me anywhere near a ledge.  Plus, I'm not a drama queen.

Quote: @pumpf said:
I was never really "all-in", so I'm not in a mental place that has me anywhere near a ledge.  Plus, I'm not a drama queen.
You are an asshole.   Cloaked in your holier than thou hypocricy.  

I have been saying for the past year I was contemplating being done with the NFL and I have consistently stated my reasons - just like the others who have left.  Goodell has ruined this product. 

I am not a drama queen.  I merely stated that I was done with that game (I turned it off when I posted and didn't watch the second half) and I said I was done with the NFL.

And I am done buying the ticket.

So learn to read Pumpf.  It might help you solve your flaws.  

Quote: @KingBash said:
I said before, the only thing to remember is that we're not gonna win it all. Just enjoy the ride. 
This is my mantra every season, and it works for me.  I'm not kidding.  I expected a loss on Sunday, but not that big of one.  I don't think they'll ever win a SB, but so what.  I still enjoyed an unexpectedly great season.

The wins over the Rams, Atlanta, and on Thanksgiving day were my highlights during the regular season, and the Diggs play last week is unforgettable.  Those were fun, entertaining, exciting wins.

Does losing to the Eagles discount all of those wins?  Maybe to some fans, but not me.  I enjoyed most every game this year up until the end, just like every other Viking season.

Win or lose, they're my team.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
I'm not jumping ship after 51 seasons but no longer will be a rah rah type for the team.  I'll simply hope for the best and plan for the worst.  And give a hearty congrats if they prove me wrong (finally).
This is where I've been since 98. Always hoping for the best and expecting the worst. This year was definitely better than expected.